PS4/Switch 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Leute,

kurze Frage.

War in Japan nicht irgendwas von einer CE für die Switch im Stream gesprochen wurden? Mir war so.
Also ich meine die hatten da was im Stream gezeigt, kann mich aber auch irren, denn auf Playasia sieht man zB. nichts.

🤔

Nur aus Interesse-

Also bei Amazon Japan scheint man die bestellen zu können. Allerdings mit einem dreist gepfefferten Versandkosten Aufschlag. Mehr als das Spiel selbst. Rund umgerechnet 120€ für die CE gehen wohl noch klar. Aber dann gefühlt 170€ Versandkosten ist schon längst über dreist hinaus.
:ugly:

Mittlerweile kurz vor dem Ende (Charakter Fortschritt bei 92% insgesamt), begreife ich immer noch nicht so wirklich wie mich der erste Durchgang dermaßen kalt lassen konnte...
Hab das irgendwie total seelenlos durchgerotzt, an so wenige Details wie ich mich erinnern konnte, tz tz tz 8).
Tja, Übersättigung ist eben nicht zu unterschätzen.
Die Mindfucks die ca. nach den ersten 3-5 Spielstunden auftreten hielten sich bis jetzt zum Schluss auf sehr hohem Niveau. Wirklich, alle 10-15 Minuten dachte ich mir:
Crass, Häh?, Achso! und "wie geil ist das denn".
Fühlt sich für mich an wie: Täglich grüsst das Murmeltier trifft auf Matrix und den Butterfly-Effekt.
Grossartige und einzigartige Reise, einfach fettes geiles Zeug 8)

Wird halt langsam aufgebaut mit immer mehr Story Verzweigungen und dann später geht's Schlag auf Schlag bääm bääm, ein wtf nach dem anderen xD

Wobei man sich manche kleine Sachen schon vermuten konnte wenn man alles genau verfolgt und zuhört.

Wird halt langsam aufgebaut mit immer mehr Story Verzweigungen und dann später geht's Schlag auf Schlag bääm bääm, ein wtf nach dem anderen xD

Wobei man sich manche kleine Sachen schon vermuten konnte wenn man alles genau verfolgt und zuhört.
Ja, definitiv kann man einige Sachen vorrausahnen wenn man das denn will 8), sobald man die Grundthrnatik mal verinnerlicht hat.
Nur fand ich das auch die genug Überraschungen brachte, um doch immer wieder mal gedanklich falsch abzubiegen.

Mittlerweile kurz vor dem Ende (Charakter Fortschritt bei 92% insgesamt), begreife ich immer noch nicht so wirklich wie mich der erste Durchgang dermaßen kalt lassen konnte...
Hab das irgendwie total seelenlos durchgerotzt, an so wenige Details wie ich mich erinnern konnte, tz tz tz 8).
Tja, Übersättigung ist eben nicht zu unterschätzen.
Die Mindfucks die ca. nach den ersten 3-5 Spielstunden auftreten hielten sich bis jetzt zum Schluss auf sehr hohem Niveau. Wirklich, alle 10-15 Minuten dachte ich mir:
Crass, Häh?, Achso! und "wie geil ist das denn".
Fühlt sich für mich an wie: Täglich grüsst das Murmeltier trifft auf Matrix und den Butterfly-Effekt.
Ps.
Was noch total super gelang ist wie die 13 Charaktere, ohne dabei zuviel des Guten zu kreieren oder dabei gar uninteressant zu wirken. Sicherlich sind manche Ereignisse fest gemacht worden im der Geschichte, aber trotzdem hatte ich nicht einmal das Gefühl das jetzt etwas nicht mehr stimmen könnte und selbst wenn, wird es immer sehr Zeitnah nachgereicht, einfach meisterlich 8)
Grossartige und einzigartige Reise, einfach fettes geiles Zeug 8)

Wie die meisten, mich eingeschlossen ja sagten. Das erste Drittel bis Hälfte ist Clusterfuck pur, erst danach setzt sich das Puzzle langsam und Schritt für Schritt.

Wobei ich mich mittlerweile, nach mehr als einem Jahr an so gut wie nix mehr erinnere und alles in nem Wiki - bzw direkt die Mystery Files nachlesen müsste, um wieder mitreden zu können.

Ok, bin jetzt durch 8)
Insgesamt habe ich ca. 34h dafür gebraucht.
Als eine Empfehlung an alle die:
Heutzutage noch mit 2D Grafik leben können, auch gerne 3h oder sogar länger am Stück mitlesen können ohne sich zu langweilen.
Kurzum, wer sich hier nicht voll drauf einlässt verliert schnell den Anschluss an die komplexe Story und dürfte schnell gelangweilt sein.
Andersherum ist es genau der positive Punkt am Spiel, eine Story die alle Naselang Wendungen und Wtf-Momente bereithält 8).
Nunja das Kampfgameplay orientiert dich an einer Art Towerdefense, spielt sich gut, bleibt nur weit, sehr weit hinter den Möglichkeiten und ist für die Abwechslung im Spiel durchaus brauchbar aber wäre auch genauso gut ausstausch/vernachlässigbar.
Note 1-2 !

Eindrücke zur Switchversion: Klingt sehr gut.

From the day that the Switch version of 13 Sentinels was announced I've said that I'd double-dip on it as long as the port job was competent and the game didn't take a really noticeable hit in terms of image quality and/or performance. Performance was especially a concern since some of the more intense battle sections notoriously brought even PS4 Pros to their knees, dropping the otherwise smooth 60fps down into the teens as particle effects ravaged the CPU.

Well, a demo dropped on the Japanese eShop yesterday, and I made a Japanese eShop account so I could download it and share my impressions of the port job with you all.

dDmFisj.jpg

Finally we can play another Vanillaware game on a handheld with an OLED display (RIP Vita)

I had seen some YouTube videos of people playing the Japanese Switch demo, and I was a bit worried. I was seeing what looked like pretty noticeable compression on all of the 2D art assets, and some videos even appeared to suffer from judder or frame drops in certain areas. Well, I'm very happy to tell you that pretty much all of those concerns were allayed completely after having actually played the demo myself.

Rejoice, people. This is an EXCELLENT Switch port by Atlus.

I put it through its paces in both docked and handheld, and from what I can tell we're looking at native-res 720p60 in handheld and 1080p60 in docked. If you look veeeeery closely you might be able to tell that some compression is in place that was absent in the PS4 version, but honestly it looks pretty phenomenal to me whether you play it portably or on your TV. An important thing to note about 13S is that it was originally developed with the Vita in mind, and that version was eventually scrapped due to the Vita aging out of relevancy during the game's long development cycle. I think that the initial target being the Vita is partly due credit for this game being able to look and run very close to its PS4 counterpart on the aging Switch hardware.

Here are some handheld captures I took. They were uploaded from the Switch, so unfortunately they were compressed in transit. Trust me when I say it looks much sharper with less compression artifacts in person (click to see full size):

nL1leVm.jpg

79lcC5S.jpg

1PWEdTO.jpg

JhL3Fdi.jpg

I also took a few docked screenshots for comparison, including a few battle captures:

Vb47jAL.jpg

Kmiqteh.jpg

FmPha8B.jpg

zArjL4L.jpg

Honestly, I think that most people won't be able to see any difference between the Switch and PS4 versions. Really discerning players who've played the PS4 version on either the Pro or PS5 might be able to spot some slight visual downgrades in the combat sections, but even then they're so subtle that I think many eagle-eyed players still won't notice.

Time will tell whether or not the more intensive, large scale battles that occur later in the game will be able to somehow avoid the PS4's framerate drops, but in these early demo sections everything was smooth and clear. The one downgrade that I can tell was made in the combat sections is that the particle effect explosions that accompany kaiju deaths have been toned down a bit in this Switch port. They were always the main culprit for frame dips on the PS4/Pro, and now here they are noticeably lessened in both quantity and complexity. Seeing as how they made even my PS4 Pro beg for mercy when things got crazy on-screen, I think that this was a necessary adjustment by Atlus.

So, yeah. Those are my impressions. I'll definitely be buying this again on Switch both to support Vanillaware and to play through it again in handheld mode. I hope that this thread puts some concerns to rest for fans who were eyeing a double-dip purchase like I was, but more importantly I hope it convinces new players to finally give this game a shot. I went into it thinking it'd be Vanillaware's weakest game to date, and I came out of it shouting my love for it from the rooftops. It's now one of my favorite games of all time, and if anyone gets me going talking about it I can't shut up.

This Switch release is a second chance for this underrated gem to move more copies than it did initially. If you have any interest whatsoever in experiencing a truly gripping narrative that playfully and expertly harnesses the unique medium of videogames in its delivery, PLEASE give 13S a shot when it releases on Switch. Vanillaware deserves it for making such a fantastic game, and Atlus deserves it for doing such a great job with this port.

vor allem dass das nächste VW Spiel nicht so lang auf sich warten lässt wie das hier :concern:

13 Sentinels bekommt auf der Switch ebenfalls top Reviews ab.

Meta liegt bei 90.

Auch wichtig:

Es ist wohl allgemein ein sehr guter Port.

Destructoid
Apr 5, 2022
The smoothness of the 13 Sentinels Switch port extends to the handheld mode as well, which is how I spent most of my time with the game. That’s something of a rarity for me, but in this case, I wanted to spend every waking minute I could with the game, so that meant trucking it around with me wherever I went. While handheld mode does appear to run at a lower resolution than when playing with your Switch docked, it’s not really that much of a downgrade (if it even is one). I’m about 55% of the way through the game on Switch, and it’s truly impressive to see how well Vanillaware and Atlus optimized this game for the hardware.

RPG Site
Apr 5, 2022
Vanillaware has handled 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim's Switch port with the utmost care and, with some of the changes, may even be better than the PS4 version. While I was hoping that Vanillaware would go back and add in a couple of new scenes that they had previously cut out of the game, I will also happily take the changes to Destruction mode. Now that a Switch version is available, I am hoping more people will get to experience this masterpiece of modern gaming. 13 Sentinels flew under the radar on PS4, so now I'm hoping the spotlight will be on this excellent game after word of mouth has spread. If you love RPGs, have an affinity for excellent stories, are in the mood for some good brain exercise, or just looking for a nice 30-hour experience in gaming, look no further than 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.

Worth Playing
Apr 7, 2022
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is a perfect game for the Switch. The visual novel adventure gameplay translates almost perfectly to a handheld format, and I found it to be more fun to pick up and play in short spurts versus needing to park myself in front of a TV. Even the more obscured mecha combat work well in a handheld format. The gameplay and story still feel fresh and engaging, and those who've already finished it once might find something to enjoy here. It's easy to recommend to anyone who has a taste for mind-bending 999-style games, and it's likely to please a few newcomers as well.

The Mako Reactor
Apr 5, 2022
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is easily one of the best games in a decade and an absolute must play on Nintendo Switch despite the technical issues in some battle situations. I was skeptical of how it would run in parts given the performance issues on PS4, but the port is very well done and it looks fantastic on the Nintendo Switfch OLED screen. If you skipped this on PS4, you absolute have to buy it on Switch.

Nochmal eingetütet. GotY 2020 :banderas:

Viel Spass an die Leute welche das erste mal in dieses tolle und absolut geniale Setting eintauchen.

Und dazu eine der besten Storys im Videogame Bereich aller Zeiten erleben dürfen, grade 2020 war die Konkurrenz gross.
Aber dem einfach nicht gewachsen in seiner kompletten Genialität.

Zurück
Top Bottom