Star Citizen [Space-Sim von Chris Roberts]

btw gab wieder ein sehr interessantes Star Citizen Live:

wieder ein wenig NextGen Tech:

25:01 Wie soll das Aufbrechen von Raumschiffen funktionieren?
Es wird auf das physische Schadensmodell verwiesen, Sprengsätze sollen den Materialeigenschaften entsprechend Löcher erzeugen. In der Alpha öffnen sich Türen bei Beschuss automatisch oder werden durch eine beschädigte Tür ausgetauscht.
Ein Feature, welches mit dem Aufbrechen von Raumschiffen zusammenhängt, ist das Raum-System. Wenn ein Loch in ein Schiff gesprengt wird, muss die Atmosphäre entweichen. Türen sollen unbeschädigte von beschädigten Bereichen trennen und es ermöglichen wieder eine Atmosphäre herzustellen. Das Raum-System verwendet die ideale Gasgleichung. Momentan ist ein Gasfluss zwischen den Raumen der Schiffe untersagt. Lebenserhaltungssysteme der Schiffe werden die Atemluft aufbereiten. Wenn das System deaktiviert ist, nimmt der CO2-Anteil zu und man stirbt.
Die Information über den Zustand der Türen (geöffnet, geschlossen) wurde erweitert, so dass mehrere Interaktionen den Zustand beeinflussen können (z.B. Zerstörung bestimmter Teile).
Es wird erneut über die Atmosphäre in den Raumschiffen gesprochen, woran bereits gearbeitet wurde. Wenn die Außenatmosphäre giftig ist und durch eine offene Tür in das Raumschiff gelangt, muss die giftige Atmosphäre abgepumpt und durch atembare Luft ausgetauscht werden. Umgekehrt könnte dies missbraucht werden, um ein giftiges Gas in einem Schiff freizusetzen.

:banderas:

3.13 ist im PU. Mal schauen wann ich das antesten werde.

Patch Notes:

Gab von CIG auch ein paar Videos

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
oh und ein neues Inside Star Citizen Video gab es auch.

Diesmal wird das neu gegründete Studio, Turbulent, vorgestellt.

Einige der neuen Mitarbeiter kennen sich bereits: die kommen alle von Ubisoft und waren schon vorher begeisterte Star Citizen Fans und auch Spieler :D

Hauptaufgabe vom neuen Studio ist mehr Content fürs Universum bzw sie sollen ganze Sonnensystem mithelfen zu erstellen und diese mit Content zu füllen der sinnvoll und interessant ist. Um zu üben fangen die erstmal klein an und arbeiten aktuell an die Krankenhäuser und Stationen für die Planeten und Raumstationen. Dazu erstellen sie auch neue Layouts für Raumstationen, damit man diese schneller bauen kann. Und sie arbeiten gerade für Arccorp am Rooftop Gameplay (diverse Häuser haben Landeplätze und "Dungeons" die man dann erkunden kann/Missionen die man dort erledigen kann)

Die Entwickler sind auch begeistert von dem einmaligen Entwicklungsmodell, das sie z.B. von Ubisoft nicht kennen und lesen sich auch durchgehend Spielerfeedback durch und betonen nochmal, dass sie auf die Spieler hören wenn sie neue Ideen einbauen/ankündigen.

Später im Video wird dann noch ein Sprint Report von den anderen Studios gezeigt, wird an neuen Pflanzen (auch für das Harvest System) für Planeten gearbeitet, neue Planeten Außenposten, Schiffe gezeigt (z.B. Hercules die in wenigen Wochen live geht),

Schöne Fortschritte und das neue Studio ist auch eine tolle News :D

in 20 Tagen gibt es wieder die Invictus Woche. Letztes Jahr gab es dort das erste mal Idris und Javelin ingame + Event/Flugshow zu bewundern, siehe mein Bild aus dem Screenshotthread:
squadron42-starcitize9skt4.jpg

Dieses Jahr gibt es:

man kann die Javelin komplett betreten

Dazu wird man jedes Schiff fliegen können (und free2play für jeden in der Woche)

Mal schauen ob die Testserver das aushalten :ugly:

Teaser zur Invictus Week:

source.jpg

Aktuell kann man im PTU die Hercules und den neuen Panzer testen

TMISCherc.png

niivmdgrqtx61.jpg

wieder ein wenig Next Gen Tech.

TonyZ hatte zur aktuellen Invictus Week ein Video zur Quantum, Quasar und Ai Tech gemacht (das sind Tools für NPC Verhalten/Simulation und dynamische/glaubwürdige Spielwelt)

hier mal eine Zusammenfassung aus dem Reddit:

Welp, 40 minutes of having to rewind every few seconds just to make sure I didn't miss his meaning. Here's a rough summary and you probably should watch it whenever you get a good full hour to focus because this is not light watching.

Out of the gates, what I think makes Quantum valuable is its granularity. A lot of what Tony describes is something other games do, but the fact that each Quanta is simulated and has these attributes and preferences gives it both a granularity and realism that can't be matched by a rough and general ruleset.

I was quite happy to hear about performance. About 100K quantas get simulated, now in C# and as expected massive parallelization is crucial to performance. I am also very relieved to hear that they have hit their performance target with room to spare for the worst use case scenarios.

One thing that truly blew my mind is that Quanta detect resources, have organizations and communicate said resource information among each other. He wasn't kidding about saying that they needed better resource locking synchronization.

Not surprised that Quantum is quite different from what was there previously and that there's still a lot of engine plumbing to do for it to be integrated into gameplay services properly.

I'm really pleased to hear that iCache is nearly complete, and its engineers are moving onto other tasks, that's really cool to hear. Virtual AI in particular was a new one for me, and serves the purpose of making Subsumption less stateless by connecting it to Quantum.

I'd been wondering about this one so it's pretty cool to hear about it. VNPCs are basically always alive but also very efficient, can transition back and forth from incarnating as a Subsumption NPC that players can see. VNPCs are basically the persistent version of an in-game subsumption NPC once it's culled out. And of course with such a lifespan, they accumulate history and can evolve traits (I assume). That's one of their strengths, being able to execute even when a player isn't around and thus doing things that a Subsumption NPC simply can't.

The difficult to understand nuance is that not all subsumption NPCs are VNPCs. Most created from probability volumes are just your run of the mill NPC who never persist. Where it gets really crazy though is that they, too, trigger probability volumes. That, and Quantum, gives the "simulated universe" tag-line immense credibility. Information that both Quantas, VNPCs and players generate is of course fed back into Quantum. VNPCs, given a long enough lifespan, can evolve into rather impressive world figures from the sound of it.

We see how ATC and other server meshing-related services are important for more than players, in that VNPCs interact with it too in order to dock even as the object container is unloaded on the server side. That makes a lot of sense and, again, makes the universe feel far more real and functional.

NPC scheduler takes control of VNPCs in landing locations given that it handles who resides at what location. This is similar to the dynamic population feature, except that here it's quanta driving that feature instead of Virtual AI as far as deciding its population contents. If you are lost, just think of it like high-fidelity sims agents standing against a backdrop of NPCs created by the background simulation based on world state that don't have a unique life history.

The one thing I wonder about is whether VNPCs are in effect connected to Quantas (I doubt it given the massively parallel nature of operations made on them) or if they are entities created under specific conditions, perhaps from player and Probability Volume encounters. Anyone got that?

Moving onto dynamic events : they are basically global (synchronization woes ahoy, again). One thing I'm less clear on is whether those are specific to servers in the instantiated sense we know today or if it pertains to regions of space in the future meshed application. Could use some clarification there too since he did mention each server could have its own unique state which speaks to instantiation, but could also mean smaller chunks of space and hierarchical sections of the event. His later example seem to clearly show that it's meant for the current instantiation state of servers though.

What really blew my mind though was that demonstration of a stage of the event that created demand for an item at Olisar. I expected it to just be a run-of-the-mill, cool thing that players were expected to fulfill. But then he switched to Odin's visualization layer for Quantum and, sure enough, Quantas were working with the event too and it was throwing a wrench into the simulation and had consequences rippling through the economy. That's damn cool and speaks to how interconnected everything is, far more than I expected.

One thing I'd been wondering about he just covered : how players are supposed to find out about fluctuations without relying on out-of-game websites (looking at you, Inara). Turns out, still no in-game tool for that but there will be dynamic price alerts. That's not anecdotal either given that this is something shops will emit as a response to shortages.

One thing I haven't really emphasized about Odin so far is that it's a masterclass in information visualization. These things are quite complex and multidimensional and I find it to be doing a damn good job of conveying them. Tony's team has been busy.

Back to dynamic events, one thing that I find quite cool is that they don't behave the way they usually do in games. Think FFXIV FATEs or GW2's world events where they are their own bubbles. As Port Olisar gets overwhelmed by pirates, the Quantum simulation responds to that as well, the event doesn't exist in a frozen state of the game world. The world and Quantum simulation pushes back on the various forces created by the event. The way probability volumes themselves change is due to rippling systemic effect in Quanta and player actions from scripted changes instead of hard-coding what, say, the security response and trade traffic is going to be for as long as the event phase remains.

What's really cool is that the price is still driven by offer and demand during that event. A soon as things get less hectic, prices will stabilize. What Tony pointed out is that this is the usual buy low/sell high, but justified by world events and simulations with actual costs to players and Quantas that intuitively explain both the price disparity and the demand for the item at all.

And that's it! Phew. It truly is amazing to see that vision articulated years ago be delivered on in such a way. Great job there.

TL;DR :

• iCache is nearly complete

• Quantum now performs at their intended target for a complex solar system

• Quantum has been integrated into the backend and is starting to communicate with gameplay services

• Improved accuracy in Quanta-related positioning and Quanta attributes

• All the quantum stuff is slated to release inside the year (slated. Not promised. Slated.)

• Virtual AI creates VNPCs that are NPCs simulated at all times and that incarnate to and from Subsumption, player-facing NPCs. Bounty Hunter v2 is going to be the first visible implementation of it.

• Dynamic Events integrate into every system of the Quantum simulation and it's really cool to see. Think throwing a rock into a pond and seeing the waves ripple out.

• 0 y'know.
Also, a massive thanks to whoever at CIG is responsible - including Tony Z, no doubt - for both those presentations and putting this together. This was a megaton of an infodump the likes of which we hadn't seen since Citizencon.

Edit : added thanks, fixed typos and refined explanations a little.

:banderas:

ah ja: und iCache ist endlich fast komplett :)

Hercules Trailer (mit letzten Patch ingame)

Inside Star Citizen über Hercules und Panzer

Die Ketten vom Panzer sind eine tolle Meisterleistung :D

Stadt in den Wolken :banderas:

Wolken Tech ist in der ersten Version schonmal sehr gut, soll dann in Zukunft besser als vom Flugsimulator werden.

Und schön wie die mit der Landezone wieder punkten können, was in SC eine Landezone ist, ist in anderen Spielen quasi das komplette Spiele-Setting. Zeigt schon gut auf, warum die alte Kickstarter Idee, dass man zu Spielstart 100 Systeme haben kann, mit der Planetentech nicht mehr sooo schnell umsetzbar ist (zu Kickstarterzeiten sollten die Landezonen ja nur sowas simples wie bei Freelancer werden - das waren ja nur bessere Hintergründe) :ugly:

neues kurzes* Q&A Video mit Chris

Beantwortet diverse Fragen u.A. zum Server Meshing (auf Citizen Con wird es dazu ein eigenes Panel geben :banderas:), dieses Jahr noch einmal digitale Citrizen Con, nächstes Jahr physische CitizenCon.

Wir sind jetzt bei 720 Mitarbeitern und nächstes Jahr wird es vermutlich auch neue deutsche Studios geben :awesome:

*Chris can't make a short video.

:awesome:

Gibt noch Bugs bei den Wolken (die Artefakte), aber mit Glück werden die zum PU Release behoben sein.
die haben sich da auf jeden Fall selbst übertroffen. Auf Orison hört man auch Walgesang, da ja später noch Space Whales reinkommen :D

aber auch noch andere kleine Details wie z.B.:

Here's a little detail that most people miss....in the Starport you'll see an Information Screen that talks about the huge thrusters that keep the platforms in their place in the atmosphere. It says that the locals refer to it as the Orison massage because periodically you can feel the thrusters fire. Well....if you happen to have a controller with vibration plugged in.....periodically while you are walking on Orison it will vibrate to simulate the thrusters firing. Amazing little details that bring this wonderful city to life.

:D

oder die Cloth physic Tech, die jetzt auch drin ist und mal auf der Gamescom/CitizenCon gezeigt wurde:

und es kommen immer mehr und mehr Elite Dangerous Spieler zu Star Citizen (und entschuldigen sich für das Bashen, im Reddit gibt es quasi Pro Tag mehrere Threads ^^)

und auch nur, weil Elite Dangerous mit der aktuellen (fast unspielbaren) Alpha Version versagt hat, und die ist nicht nur verbuggt, sondern auch nicht annähernd so immersiv wie SC. Schade um Elite, dass das so zu Ende geht, aber immerhin haben die den Weltraum Spiele Hype so lange aufrecht erhalten (dazu kommen dann ja auch noch Titel wie X oder die tolle Tie Fighter Conversation Mod für X-Wing Alliance)

Hier führt eine Elite Spielerin Tagebuch über die ersten Star Citizen Erfahrungen und hat ihre Gruppe da direkt mitgenommen

Zurück
Top Bottom