Markt [Free2Play/Pay2Win] - Untergang der Spielqualität?

Free2Play ist:

• Stimmen insgesamt
Scheinbar beschränken sich die Innovationen bei EA nur darauf dem Kunden auf immer neuen Wegen das Geld aus der Tasche zu ziehen.

Kim Kardashian: Hollywood und die Free2Play/Pay2Win-Thematik:

'Kim Kardashian: Hollywood' game could make $200 million a year - Casual gaming plus the world's biggest reality TV star equals money, lots of money, for now

The hit mobile game of the summer has a familiar face behind it. Kim Kardashian: Hollywood is an adventure game for iOS and Android that lets players create their own celebrity and interact with the titular reality show star, her friends, and her frenemies. And although the game is free to download, the company that created it, Glu Mobile Inc., stands to make a pretty penny thanks to all of the in-app purchases that players are making (one player reported spending nearly $500 within the app in just a few days). One analyst projects that the "freemium" game could make up to $200 million annually from advertising and in-app purchase revenue, as Bloomberg reported recently. Glu Mobile's stock has also been on a tear since the release of the game.

Aside from underscoring just how lucrative and popular freemium gaming has become among mobile software developers in recent months, the move shows that casual gamers are responsive to tie-ins with existing cultural icons and brands

Oh God, I Spent $494.04 Playing the Kim Kardashian Hollywood App - I know. I know! I'm the worst. I'm a sheep. I'm part of what's wrong with modern American culture. But at least in Kim's realm I'm an A-list celebrity with 50 million fans—after nearly $500 worth of in-app purchases, of course.

You guys, I literally think I have a problem. What a lame, embarrassing addiction to have. What would I even say if I tried to get help for this at AA or something? "Hello, my name is Tracie and I'm a basic bitch." So with that acknowledgment, I'd like to say that Kim Kardashian: Hollywood is so fucking fun. Sure, in a really terrible, anxiety-ridden, OCD-triggering kind of way, but fun nonetheless.

The game is free to download and available for iPad, iPhone and some of those none-Apple devices that celebrities pretend they actually use for the sake of their paid endorsements ...

786924309385273892.jpg

786924310369447204.jpg

And then the fucking game crashed! I was gripped with panic—not only had I lost all my progress, but I'd lost all the real world money I'd invested (albeit unwisely) in this piece of shit app that I simply needed to continue playing.

Fit to be tied, I called iTunes' customer service.

Me: "Hi, I downloaded the Kim Kardashian game on my iPad and I spent over $130 on in-app purchases and played for like 18 hours to become an A-list celebrity and now something happened, the game crashed or something and now I'm back to being an E-list celebrity! I mean, it's fine, I'll get back up there. Whatever. I'm not worried about that as much as I am about the money I lost! Because I can't get back to where I was without the money!"

iTunes lady: [Silence]

Me: "Hello?"

iTunes lady: "Yes ma'am. I'm sorry about that. Can I put you on hold for just a minute?"

After putting me on hold so she could undoubtedly make fun of me to her co-workers, the iTunes lady returned to tell me that her supervisor had approved a refund for me. Thank God!

She had to just type some stuff up and allow for some other stuff to happen on her computer screen on her end. As we waited, we chatted.

iTunes lady: "The game is Kim Kardashian: Hollywood? Is it fun?"

Me: "Yeah, really fun!"

iTunes lady: "I'd heard about it and was wondering."

Me: "Did you see her wedding?"

iTunes lady: "Which one?"

[Laughter all around]

So yeah, I had to start all over. This time I wasn't fucking around. I went right for the $99.99 pack of K stars and went to town.

*zehnzeichen*

Jup, kann da nur zustimmen. Solange das Publikum die Games annimmt, wird das Geschäftsmodell F2P weiterhin bestehen bleiben.

Das ist doch vollkommen verrückt... Kaum jemand ist bereit für Office mehr als 50€ auszugeben, aber hier wird die menschliche Psyche so sehr ausgetrickst, dass ein Mensch gut 400$ ausgegeben hat. Das ist ja noch fast harmlos verglichen mit anderen Beispielen. Glücksspiel ist ehrlicher als der Scheiß.

Jup, kann da nur zustimmen. Solange das Publikum die Games annimmt, wird das Geschäftsmodell F2P weiterhin bestehen bleiben.
Ich habe es zwar schon einmal zu dem Thema geschrieben und es ist auch sicherlich keine populäre Meinung, aber was dagegen nachhaltig helfen könnte, wäre eine florierende Crackers-Szene. Eine Cracker-Szene für kostenlose Apps :lol:

So schnell könnte man gar nicht schauen, wie die vorherigen "Opfer" auf einmal ihre Handys rooten um so nette Intros wie "Fairlight presents Kim Kardashian Hollywood App" zu sehen, komplett mit Trainer "unlimited Credits". Der Leidensdruck dürfte da wohl recht hoch sein.

Natürlich könnte man argumentieren, ob es denn die Mühe Wert wäre, das sich Cracker mit dem knacken kostenloser und zumeist minderwertiger Spiele befassen. Aber man sollte bedenken, dass man sich auch damals :alt: nicht nur die Créme de la créme wie Turrican oder Defenders of the Crown herauspickte, sondern z.B. auch "Werner: Flaschbier" crackte.

Der Trick um das zu verhindern lautet Dauerverbindung zu den Spiele-Servern, die jegliche Manipulation verhindern. Wenn dann müssten die Cracker alternative Server bieten, aber das dürfte kaum passieren.

Das ist doch vollkommen verrückt... Kaum jemand ist bereit für Office mehr als 50€ auszugeben, aber hier wird die menschliche Psyche so sehr ausgetrickst, dass ein Mensch gut 400$ ausgegeben hat. Das ist ja noch fast harmlos verglichen mit anderen Beispielen. Glücksspiel ist ehrlicher als der Scheiß.

Wer sich austricksen lässt...

Wer zum Teufel ist diese Kim und WTF, diese Twitter(?) Einträge sind doch reinster Sarkasmus :lol: -ODER sollen die ernst gemeint sein?!

Mal was positives:

Ende August werden die Server von Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar abgeschaltet, dies wurde im offiziellen Forum bekannt gegeben. Nach der Abschaltung wird es nicht mehr möglich sein, Ultima Forever zu spielen. Als "Dankeschön" an die Spieler haben die Entwickler bis zum 29. August die Chancen auf bessere Belohnungen bzw. Beute angehoben und die Haltbarkeit der Gegenstände nimmt nicht mehr ab. Ein Grund für die Abschaltung wurde aber nicht genannt.

http://www.4players.de/4players.php...r|Server_werden_Ende_August_abgeschaltet.html

wie der Abzock Mist gefloppt sein muss :banderas:

fortnite, dreadnought, heros of the storm sind leckere beispiele wo free to play hoffentlich bestens funktionieren wird :lick:

Interessant, kann noch immer nix mit der anfangen, hab mal wiki befragt: Absolut uninteressante Persönlichkeit, deren Fans haben wohl nichr durch Zufall einen an der Meise, denen geschieht die App wohl recht :v:

Zurück
Top Bottom