The game takes place on the continent of Fodlan, which is controlled by three main powers, with the Garreg Mach Monastery (where the Officer’s Academy is located) at the very center. The Officer’s Academy is where the future leaders of the three main powers go study. Your role in this game is to guide those students as a teacher.
The Fodlan continent is said to have existed since ancient times, and is ruled by three main powers. A Goddess watches over the land and its people.
The three main powers are:
- Adrestian Empire: it has been controlling the southern half of the continent for more than 1000 years;
- Holy Kingdom of Faerghus: Kings and Knights have been ruling the cold lands of the northern half of the continent;
- Leicester Alliance: a league of powerful nobles, who have been controlling the eastern side of the continent.
The Fodlan continent used to be torn by war, but is now at peace, the three main powers keeping each other in check.
In Fodlan, many people follow the teachings of the Church of Seiros, and of the Goddess. For the Fordlan people, both Seiros and the Goddess are pretty important. For example, there’s crests that are said to have been given to the people by the Goddess herself, many years ago. For the nobility, those crests are a symbol of wealth and power.
As for the Garreg Mach Monastery, located in the mountain of Seiros, it’s not just a religious place: it’s also where the headquarters of the Knights keeping the three main powers in check are located.
The Monastery is where the Officer’s Academy can be found: the future leaders of the three main powers go there to study before taking their positions as leaders of their respective countries. The students are assigned to three classes, corresponding to each one of the three countries of the Fodlan continent: it’s like a microscome of the continent itself.
As teacher, you have to choose which class to teach, with students to guide. On the battlefield, you will serve as their commander/tactician.
The characters are divided in three main categories:
- The protagonists and the mysterious girl (Sothis). As mentioned previously, the protagonist gets an invitation to go teach at the Officer’s Academy. As for Sothis, she appears in front of the protagonist… in their head;
- The members of the three classes (Black Eagles, Blue Lions, Golden Deer), as well as their leaders;
- Church of Seiros
Here’s the various characters listed on the official website so far (unfortunately, the details are pretty much the same as those shared via Twitter):
- Protagonist (male, female)
- Edelgard von Hresvelg
- Hubert von Bestra
- Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd
- Dodou Morinaro
- Claude von Riegan
- Lorentz Herman Gröstal
That's sexist.Mir fehlen noch die Designs von Dumbledore, Hagrid und Mr. Finch, dann habe ich endlich das Harry Potter Spiel, welches ich schon lange haben wollte. Hubert scheint wohl Snape zu sein.
Der Hype scheint bei mir noch nicht angekommen zu sein, vielleicht ändert sich das ja bei der E3. Ich nehme dann wohl Team Edelgard, bei den anderen beiden Namen bekomme ich Brechreiz.