Vita Resistance: Burning Skies

Paar Previews:

Gamescom: Resistance: Burning Skies Lights Up Vita

Other familiar aspects make their return in Vita's iteration of Resistance. The weapon wheel is here, and you can use the front touch screen to make your selections, or the analog sticks and face buttons. Grey Tech can be used to upgrade your weapons, as was proven when Riley stumbled upon some during my demo, using it to upgrade his Chain Gun, making it an even more devastating weapon.

But there are new features here too, including the ability to cook and throw grenades by using the touch screen, giving you pinpoint accuracy with explosives rarely seen in an FPS. There's even an automated cover mechanic that lets you use the face buttons or Vita's SixAxis, whichever is more comfortable for you.

We've known about Resistance on Vita since the device was announced, and we even had a couple of screenshots to prove its existence. But the revelation that the game was indeed a first-person shooter was exciting, and the fact that it played so fluidly during my demo was icing on the cake. It doesn't appear that Burning Skies is anywhere close to finished, and the game could certainly use some polish in the meantime (most noticeably in terms of how the game ran), but playing Vita and using it like a Dual Shock controller was exciting, especially when so many other games are attempting to prove that Vita can do things differently than the PS3.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1188272p1.html

Resistance: Burning Skies Hands-On Preview

And then there are grenades, which are implemented in a really interesting way. You tap the icon and then drag it where you want it to land. The nice part is that you can cook grenades the more slowly you drag, which winds up being a very satisfying control mechanic--and we're not just talking about the violent jibbing that results from a well-aimed grenade.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the beefy hardware inside the Vita makes for an eye-pleasing game. Burning Skies looks quite nice, though there's a noticeable difference in character from the moody and atmospheric Resistance 3. The aesthetic here is a bit more straightforward, though you do get the occasional look at the devastated New York skyline--especially in the level we played, which has you making your way through Ellis Island after it has been converted into a research center for the humans to study chimeran technology.

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/...ds-on-preview/?tag=updates;editor;all;title;3

Resistance: Burning Skies May be The Answer to Portable Shooters

At this year's E3, I had the misfortune of eagerly watching other gamers try out the PlayStation Vita hands-on, while missing out on the opportunity myself. So during Sony's Gamescom event, not only do I get to mess around with a Vita, but I do so with an impressive title like Resistance: Burning Skies. Any skepticism I have for the device is thrown away within the first five minutes of this demo. A portable first-person shooter with dual analog sticks? Yes, please.

My favorite use of the touch screen has to be the Cluster Fire Gun (CFG). It's a pretty elegant solution against multiple enemies -- a quick swipe of the finger over three targets and the CFG shoots them all simultaneously. Simon and the developers are toying with the idea of adjusting the final number at a later date. From what I can tell, there isn't a range limit on this weapon either; I manage to hit both someone up close and a Chimera hanging off a water tower in the background. The only drawback so far is how can sometimes be difficult to see if you correctly selected an enemy to kill, due to how small the cursor is and its light yellow hue.

For the most part though, I have the best time using the cover system as much as possible. It's extremely easy to tilt the screen forward to come out of cover and shoot whenever I want; moving the screen back to hide behind cover has become the best way I've used the sixaxis so far. Oh, and the fact that the cover system isn't sticky makes maneuvering much easier.

http://www.1up.com/previews/resistance-burning-skies-answer-portable-shooters

Spielbare Demo-Version von der gamescom:

[video=youtube;_cZwsDIwwLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZwsDIwwLs[/video]

Wie die Genger zerplatzen :rofl3: das errinnert mich an alte UT Zeiten.

Schnellzugriff für Waffen auf den Touchscreen, so habe ich mir den Einsatz vorgestellt, so fügt sich das ganz gut in das Steuerungsschema ein, und wirkt nicht aufgesetzt, sondern intuitiver, auch das Weaponwheel über den TS halte ich für eien bessere Lösung als über den Analogstick.
Grafisch wirkt es gerade bei den Texuren noch ein wenig mager, aber ehrlich haben dabei bei PS3 Teile auch nicht gerade geglänzt, dafür gibt es schon ein paar tolle Effekte zu sehen, gerade bei der Beleuchtung.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Sieht schon besser aus als noch bei der Stagedemo allerdings gefallen mir die Trümmereffekte garnicht und wie Squalls schon sagte die Körperteile erinnern an alte Zeiten ala "Quake" oder "Blood" :v:

Aber die Beleuchtung sieht schon stimmig aus, bin mir sicher da tut sich sogar noch was bei den Texturen!

Das Werfen der Granaten durch das "Ziehen" über den Front-Touchscreen fänd ich besser, wenn man das aufs hintere Touchpad legen würde.
Das würd denke ich dann sehr gut funktionieren.

man ist ein feuerwehrman warum nicht gleich ein arzt oder politist??? mal schauen wie es wird.

Auf den Videos wirken die Gegner immer ziemlich dumm.
Die bleiben immer hinter den Deckungen stehen und selbst dort bewegen sie sich nicht annähernd so geschickt wie in Resistance 1 aus dem Jahr 2006.

19448resistanceburninrr7un.jpg

19450resistanceburninp47hd.jpg

19447resistanceburninmi7yf.jpg

weitere:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453632

Es war auf der GC spielbar und da waren keine Treppchen. Glaube kaum, dass die jetzt noch reingemacht werden.

Die US-Version erscheint am 29.05.. Wird hier dann wohl paar Tage später erscheinen:

n case you missed our PS Vita video livechat today, PlayStation’s John Koller revealed an official release date for Resistance: Burning Skies. The Chimera will invade PS Vita on May 29, 2012, bringing you the world’s first portable dual-analog FPS.

Resistance has always boasted iconic visual design, and today we can reveal the Burning Skies box art — a freshly slain Hybrid lying on the streets of New York City with the protagonist’s fire axe resting in the rubble. We like to think it recalls some of the eerie essence of the classic Resistance: Fall of Man box art, but we’d love to hear what you think!

Resistance: Burning Skies pulls you into an entirely new dimension of the Resistance universe. Set in a tale of survival during the August 1951 Chimeran invasion of the East Coast, you take control of Tom Riley, an everyday firefighter from New Jersey who is thrown headfirst into the teeth of the Chimeran war machine, forcing him to redefine his notions of duty and heroism.

As most of you know, this is going to be the first ever dual-analog FPS game on a portable device, and has been built from the ground-up to take full advantage of the power of the PS Vita, including front and rear touchscreen controls. The touchscreen controls add a whole new dimension to the gameplay, delivering a powerful portable shooter experience. Never thought you’d play a console-quality shooter on a portable device? Game Director Harley Baldwin White-Wiedow has one thing to tell you: “TWO STICKS, baby!”

Now get out there and pre-order your copy today. Oh, and be sure to stay tuned in the coming months — we’ll have many more announcements to share soon.

Box Art:

6853765061_53622a893a_b.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ng-skies-the-chimera-infect-ps-vita-this-may/

Zurück
Top Bottom