Microsoft Microsoft Smalltalk

Mit Remote Rendering kommt die Power of the Cloud also auch zur Hololens2. Sehr interessant, bin mal gespannt was da serverseitig im Azure Datacenter steht.

Also doch kein Marketing-Gelaber mit der One S in den Blades wie mir hier versucht wurde zu verklickern.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-19-microsofts-cloud-gains-substance schrieb:
At the moment you've got Xbox One S consoles in the data centre - how exactly does that work?

Kareem Choudhry:
That's really a mechanical question - version one is go buy a console, take the plastic off and go put it in a data centre. That's what got us up and running, and obviously that happened quite some time ago. If you remember - let me back up, a data centre operating environment is very different to a home environment, and when we design a console for the home environment there's a bunch of things we take into consideration - power consumption, the acoustics, I spent a lot of years of my life recording the decibels of the fan from 10 feet away.

As someone who's got an Xbox One X in their living room, next to another console that sounds like a jet engine taking off, I appreciate the work.

Kareem Choudhry:
The data centre is quite different - there are different challenges like supportability, managabilty, blade design. We're now at a place where we've redesigned the Xbox One S motherboard with specific server scenarios in mind. Now we have eight of them packed into a 2U blade, which slides in, and we're leveraging all the hardware design and data centre design that the Azure organisation has built up over the years. It's largely the same thing. For a couple of reasons - one, the content doesn't know it's in a data centre. I'm taking the exact same content - much like we did with the backwards compatibility program - the hardware has to be pretty precise so the game operates properly. It's making changes to make it more server suitable, improve the running economics, that kind of stuff. But it's no longer a consumer facing product, so to speak.

The other question would be why not Xbox One X consoles in there? Is that just because this is an early iteration?

Kareem Choudhry:
I'd say a couple of things - one, we have a roadmap of what we're doing on the hardware side. But we just decided to start with Xbox One S for a couple of reasons. One was our first target being Android phones - we could send a 4K stream there, but probably 1080p, no-one's going to tell the difference. That was an easier place to get started, and frankly we wanted all our Xbox One X chips to go to consumers like yourself.

Jetzt kopiert MS sogar beim Visual Studio Launch Event von Nintendo: Treehouse, Smash, Gamecube Controller. Fehlt nur noch die Plattformauswahl für die Switch, oder war das beim Gears4 Debuggung das Target, ?

xD

Edge on Chromium scheint gute Fortschritte zu machen und könnte das beste aus beiden Welten auch bzgl. Performance und Speicherverbrauch vereinen

Wer ein bisschen Kleingeld übrig hat, kann sich ja das neue Surface Hub 2S holen.

Spätere Upgrade auf das Hub 2X sind übrigens möglich, dieser Mechanismus soll wohl auch für die Studio-Linie kommen.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-surface-hub-2 schrieb:
The other secret weapon is the Hub's modular computer. While display technology can last ten years, there's no reason to assume CPUs should. By just yanking the module from the back – with no tools or even line of sight is necessary – the Hub's computer can be upgraded and replaced without disrupting the rest of the device. That's important for companies plunking down at least $9,000 for the hardware.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Top Bottom