Switch Arms (ง’̀-‘́)-----------ง|ง(°-°ง) (Dr. Coyle v5.0)

So, heute wieder 2 Stunden :) 3 von 4 Spielen ist ein Verlust und ich steige im Rangsystem einfach nicht ab :)
Das ist echt n shice :(

oh man level 5 ist schwer für mich :blushed: spiele aber auch mit verschiedenen kämpfern : P
macht einfach mehr spaß so :love2:

In an interview with French website jeuxvideo, Arms producer Kosuke Yabuki revealed some game statistics regarding the most popular Arms characters and modes. He also revealed a few other tidbits regarding the game's development.

Discussing development:
When the first prototype was developed, it was not yet decided which console it would be used for. This prototype of a fighting game seen from the back with the arms relaxing already existed before the presentation of the Switch, and it is really at the moment when we were presented the prototypes of JoyCon that we thought that it could be really nice to use this game prototype that already existed, for this new console, which would later be the Nintendo Switch.

Discussing removed features:
I do not have any memories in particular, but what I can tell you is that there are a lot of ideas that have been tried but have had to be withdrawn at various stages of development. At Nintendo we have a slightly different working methods than other development studios. In the latter, there is usually a project written on paper. The problem is that we can not guess whether a game will be interesting simply by looking at lines on a piece of paper. That’s why we design our prototypes keeping in mind that we must build to destroy, and vice versa. That’s why I have a hard time remembering everything that was introduced and removed in the game.

Discussing game development challenges:
One of the problems we had had from the start was to introduce this feature of the fist that stretches and contracts in an online gaming environment. It was a real technical challenge because of the lag. A method has thus been devised which makes it possible to absorb the lag during this stretching of the arm. Thanks to this technology, it is impossible to detect latency in the game.

Discussing the most popular characters and modes:
We have all this data through online gambling, actually. The most selected characters are Min Min, first, and Kid Kobra second. The trend is that players raise their level of play in the Grand Prix mode before going online. It is not very obvious, but it is the basketball that is a little more played than the others.

Thoughts for a possible sequel:
Already, let me say that if the game is so successful and the players ask for a sequel, I will be the happiest of men in the world! For now, the only thing I focus on is bring enough content so people can play along. However, if I have this opportunity that happens overnight, I can tell you that we will put the whole team on to have the great idea that will appeal to all.

oh Yabuki, ich hoffe es funktioniert, muss sowieso meine ideen für Arms persönlich bei Yabuki für teil 2 pitchen ^^

dass Min Min am meisten benutzt wird überrascht mich nicht, ich kann mit ihr auch irgendwie am besten bisher ^^

gonintendo.com

ich habe heute Max Brass ausprobiert und ich muss sagen er spielt sich ja wirklich richtig gut. hätte nicht gedacht dass er so agil ist :o aber er ist echt ein proll, etwas wie der typ aus die schöne und das biest :flucht: mag seine bronzfarbigen spiralarme aber sehr gerne, die sehen richtig schick aus...

Ich währe ja voll dafür, nen 4. Arm in die Selektion mit rein zu nehmen. Man kann derzeit nicht auf alles reagieren.

ich würde es gut wegen dem party modus finden. schon heftig was für eine schlechte %zahl ich bei volleyball mit Min Min da stehen habe :blushed: ( volleyball ist bei Arms eh langweilig ^^ )

liegt daran weil mein 3er Arms-set bei Min Min aus dem feuerarm und dem laserlindwurm bestehen und mit denen komme ich bei volleyball gar nicht klar. konzentriere mich eher auf die kämpfe, hedlock modi bei der auswahl

aber eigentlich könnte ich mich mit dem dritten arm auch schon darauf vorbereitet sein, denke da wohl nie dran :ika5:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Soo :)
Heute selbes Spiel wieder
Mittlerweile verliere ich 4 von 5 Spielen und steige trotzdem im Rang auf :)
Wenn das so bleibt, wird das Game auf lange dauer maximal nur ne handvoll Pro-Gamer fest an sich binden können ; dieser Blödsinn ist doch absolut sinnfrei....

habe erst nach 25 std spielzeit und gaf hinweis gemerkt wie genial der Versus Mode ist, man kann da ja die level der gegner einstellen und wie sie sich verteidigen sollen ( defensiv, bewegungslos ) ist echt genial für ein paar runden zwischendurch. macht spaß so ungezwungen und vor allem um zu üben ohne den grand prix zu starten. echt cool. und den hundertkampf dort habe ich nur kurz probiert aber soll sich laut gaf usern auch sehr gut zum trainieren eignen.

hoffentlich kommt bald das erste event :herz:

Soo :)
Heute selbes Spiel wieder
Mittlerweile verliere ich 4 von 5 Spielen und steige trotzdem im Rang auf :)
Wenn das so bleibt, wird das Game auf lange dauer maximal nur ne handvoll Pro-Gamer fest an sich binden können ; dieser Blödsinn ist doch absolut sinnfrei....

ne das glaube ich nicht, wenn es genug kritik gibt wird das sicher geändert.

ne das glaube ich nicht, wenn es genug kritik gibt wird das sicher geändert.
Im Gaf ist es jedenfalls noch nicht angekommen :) Was ja das einzige Sprachrohr zu Nintendo ist.
Egal :(. Ich werde jetzt erstmal auf den Partymode umswitchen, ist fürs Twitch-Streaming sowieso geeigneter, da die Viewer mitmachen können :)

Richtig tolles Interview von Yabuki über Arms, Mario Kart und und Nintendo im Allgemeinen.

Es wird wohl einen Training-Mode geben :)

eurogamer.net

Arms at length: The big Nintendo interview
Kosuke Yabuki on the future of Mario Kart, luck versus skill and Birdo. Wait, who's Birdo?

So a training mode could come in a future update?

Kosuke Yabuki: That's something I'm thinking about, something I'm considering. [The most recent update] focuses on a new character and various adjustments to the balance - but for future updates adding features to the training mode could definitely happen.

You say it's about always doing something new. On a surface level, Nintendo's been doing more new IPs - I think Splatoon was the first new character-led IP developed within Nintendo since Pikmin - and Arms came along soon after. Was that part of a movement within the company, something you were all consciously doing?

Kosuke Yabuki: Firstly, in that intervening period between Pikmin and Splatoon, there were some new IPs! Like Tomodachi Life and Rhythm Paradise, for example - I don't think that gap was so large! But around the time that Splatoon was in its early development stages, it's true to say that among the younger generation of developers at Nintendo, that desire and that idea of creating something completely new, it was definitely there.

On top of that, it's also a fact that Mr. Miyamoto, Mr. Eguchi [creator of the Animal Crossing series and deputy general manager of Nintendo EPD], Mr. Takahashi [general manager of Nintendo EPD] and other senior figures very much supported us in that. You know, there's always lots of different prototypes being experimented with and considered. For those to turn into real games, it's a huge team effort that requires a lot of manpower and a lot of talent, and without the overall support of the company, you can't achieve it. I'm grateful for the fact they didn't just say to me 'now you've got to make the next Mario Kart'. They allowed me to make Arms, and personally I'm very grateful for that opportunity.

That's something that fascinated me - Mario Kart is big business, it's a huge selling series. For that team to go on to a fighting game - which is quite a niche genre, and not only that, it's an all-new fighting game - it's quite a bold move.

Kosuke Yabuki: I think with any game, whether it becomes big from a business sense - before you create it, you don't know. Even Mario Kart, some point back in the past, we didn't know it'd be such a success and go on for such a long time! In terms of now, while maintaining and supporting existing franchises like Mario Kart, it's important to try new things. Something like Arms, we're working as hard as possible to make Arms into something that fans will enjoy for a long time to come in the future. How long it continues and how successful it'll be, it's new so we don't know that just yet. In terms of the updates we're working as hard as we can on these updates, on keeping the game as fun and as interesting as possible, for as many people as possible for as long as possible.

I'm happy with that. So, more generally speaking, how has Nintendo changed - how different is the company now to the one that you joined?

Kosuke Yabuki: It's difficult to answer how it's changed, because Nintendo is a company that's always trying to change, and is always in the process of changing. I don't have the impression of there being the kind of change that you could pin down to a certain point - it's more of a constant process. One definite example is what I mentioned earlier with the updates to Arms - we're in an era where those constant updates, that post-launch support, is very important, and that's something that's been brought about by changes in technology. It feels like we're in a different era now in that respect. And now Nintendo's moved into smart devices and mobile applications, that's also quite a big change. I think there are changes that come about because we're living in a different era and we need to adjust to that. One thing that doesn't change - and I've mentioned this quite a few times - is that impetus from Miyamoto and others to make something new, make something unique. How is the game you're making different? That's the thing that hasn't changed in my time, and it will probably never change for Nintendo.

ich finde im versus mode den ARMS test genial, habe ich irgendwie jetzt erst gemerkt. so kann man neue ARMS kennenlernen und es ist so unverbindlich. es sollte noch eine option geben damit die charaktere wechseln.

ich spiele mit dem normalen controller ganz gerne, da ich bei motion das gehen nicht so drauf habe...fühlt sich nicht so intuitiv an wie das schlagen leider. wenn es einen zweiten teil geben wird, sollte bei der motion steuerung das gehen mit dem stick funktionieren, wirklich ( oder per Wii balance board : P )
mag also die herkömmliche steuerung im moment lieber und die würde ich sooooo gerne mit seperaten joy con spielen und hier kommt das problem: das spiel denkt dann dass ich mit motion spielen will und es klappt dann nicht so wirklich, sehr schade. das muss unbedingt eine option sein, es wäre perfekt :love5:

alles in allem sollte Nintendo die herkömmliche steuerung viel mehr bewerben, das spiel verdient es wirklich :herz:

Schade eigentlich, das Arms hier nicht so ankommt :) Ich bin bald auf 100 Stunden und finde das Game nach wie vor genial :)
Ärgern tue ich mich trotzdem noch wegen den selben Sachen; aber egal ?

ich habe 40 Stunden und ich finde ARMS echt gut :love5: es ist wichtig dass es weiterhin gepflegt wird mit updates und die Switch ist ja gerade erst am anfang, genau wie ARMS. Splatoon 2 bindet eben sehr viele spieler an sich im moment und Mario Kart 8 ist auch eine macht. sehr viele multiplayer-games in kurzer zeit also ^^

ARMS ist erstmal die ersten schritte gegangen und ich wünsche der IP nur das beste. man darf auch nicht vergessen dass ARMS in sachen VKZ jetzt schon Tekken geschlagen hat. aber es sollte noch viel viel mehr werden :herz:

die commercial :lol: finde ich besser als jede andere US commercial für Arms ^^

[video=youtube;QH3xCKOJABo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=QH3xCKOJABo[/video]

DH0gRCYWsAE--9F.jpg:small

Wird erneut einen Global Testpunch diese Woche vom 25.8. 17h bis 27.8. 22h geben. Eine gute Sache und Lola Pop sieht nach Fun für Ver. 3 aus. :penguin:

Edit:
https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/899905724830031872 -> Lola Pop Ver. 3 Patch wird im September folgen
ARMS_Ver3.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
oh, da wird sich ein freund von mir freuen ^^ Nintendo möchte es pushen aber dann sollten sie auch die traditionellen steuerungsvarianten unterstreichen und statt A+B zum punchen zu vermitteln, ZL+ZR in den vordergrund stellen weil es sich so viel besser steuern lässt imo.

Yabuki sollte nicht so stur sein ^^ laut umfragen haben 50% per buttons gespielt. in einem anderen voting waren es 70%.

ich verstehe zwar seine philosophie -er läuft selbst jeden morgen^^-.. und auch die Joy Con strategie etc. ^^ aber es ist nicht jedermans ding, weil es sehr intensiv genutzt wird.

Zurück
Top Bottom