VKZ Verkaufszahlen aus Japan/Asien [MC, Fam. usw.]

FF erscheint doch erst morgen, oder?
Dafür sind die PS3 zahlen doch nicht schlecht.

sagt ja auch keiner, die sache ist nur das keiner mit einer so starken Wii gerechnet hat (zumal das schon 2 Wochen so geht) und inzwischen das ding mit den Jahreszahlen echt schwierig wird.

Das hatte hier zumindest kaum einer erwartet

Oh, PS3 noch ohne der Veröffentlichung eines aktuellen Prestigetitels bei knapp 80000, nicht schlecht :goodwork:

hm ich find die ps3 zahlen wieder ziemlich gut, wenn man bedenkt , dass ff13 erst morgen bzw in ein paar std kommt (wann öffnen in japan die läden ?)
ich mein 70k ohne einen großen titel ist doch nicht schlecht
die wii hatte immerhin nsmb wii ohne den titel wär die wii wohl auf dem gleichen lvl wie die ps3 evtl sogar darunter

zu den ff13 bundles
wieviel gabs denn zB von gundam ?

hm ich find die ps3 zahlen wieder ziemlich gut, wenn man bedenkt , dass ff13 erst morgen bzw in ein paar std kommt (wann öffnen in japan die läden ?)
ich mein 70k ohne einen großen titel ist doch nicht schlecht
die wii hatte immerhin nsmb wii ohne den titel wär die wii wohl auf dem gleichen lvl wie die ps3 evtl sogar darunter

zu den ff13 bundles
wieviel gabs denn zB von gundam ?

Auch wenn Weihnachten in Japan nicht gefeiert wird, auch dort gibts ein Weihnachtsgeschäft. Das die Zahlen so hoch sind ist jetzt nicht die Mega überraschung und die Wii zahlen jetzt klein zureden wegen NSMB ist mehr als lächerlich.

Samstag werden wir schlauer sein was FD zahlen angeht bin gespannt ob FF 13 1mio packt am ersten Tag.

is doch weihnachtszeit ... die wii hat ein spiel, welches 465k verkauft hat, wäre sie jetzt hinter der PS3 hätte mich das schon sehr verwundert. Ansonsten abwarten wie sich FF13 schlägt, welche Konsole am ende vorne liegt ist wurscht, so lange der unterschied so gerring ist, interessiert es nur fanboys.

ToG ein voller Erfolg auf Wii. :goodwork:

Mit langen Beinen schafft es auch noch die ToV XBox360 Zahlen.

Dabei ist es nur ein Mainteil und die HW Base ist nur knapp 9x so hoch...Wieder mal ein voller Erfolg der Thirds auf den Marktführer zu setzen :smile5:

Hier noch ein Bild von Wii Core Erstkäufern aus der Wii Softwarewüste ins gelobte XBox360 Land, die Trendkonsole des Jahres 2009!

karawane.jpg

hatte ich (vgchartz) also recht. beide gewinnen zu gleichen teilen hinzu. :-D

ToG ein voller Erfolg auf Wii. :goodwork:

Mit langen Beinen schafft es auch noch die ToV XBox360 Zahlen.

Dabei ist es nur ein Mainteil und die HW Base ist nur knapp 9x so hoch...Wieder mal ein voller Erfolg der Thirds auf den Marktführer zu setzen :smile5:

Hier noch ein Bild von Wii Core Erstkäufern aus der Wii Softwarewüste ins gelobte XBox360 Land, die Trendkonsole des Jahres 2009!

karawane.jpg

Passt gut das Bild. Sie kommen aus einer Oase und sehen vor sich nur noch braun... und übertriebene Beleuchtung :)

070119.jpg

Final Fantasy 13- First Day Shipment- 1.15M, Possible 1.3M total

Predicting Final Fantasy 13

Finally, the most anticipated PS3 game for years comes out in Japan this Thursday.

Almost everyone expects some sort of downturn from its heights of 2 million plus.

What should we expect?

Well, unless SE makes a massive 2nd shipment its 1st week sales are going to be capped at 1.3 million or so.

That would be well under FF12 and FFX's first weeks of 1.84M and 1.75m respectively.

Now, if that shipment is sold out immediately, its always possible SE could make an unexpected second shipment and still capture that demand, but for now its safe to assume the 1st week sales will be capped somewhat.

The issue then is because the series tends to see massive drops (FF12 dropped to 217K 2nd week, FFX dropped to 233K). Its conceivable that FF13 could top out at 1.5M or so simply because the initial shipment was too small leading to the used market taking sales in the weeks ahead.

Predictions..I'll go with 1.2M first week and 1.6M LTD, which would be a significant downturn from FF12 but not a total disaster.

Tsutaya- Expects at least a million for Final Fantasy 13 1st week, possibly first day

Matsuo says that the game is pretty much assured of selling a million in its first week. He even feels that it could reach this figure in one day.

Either would be an impressive feat for the PS3, as the system has yet to see a single million seller here in Japan.

hier noch ne analyse zu ToG

So why did Tales of Graces fail?

Yes, its early, but given how frontloaded the Tales series tends to be, we can say right now that Graces is very disappointing. It sold less first week than Symphonia:KoR, a poorly received spinoff and sold over 80K worse than Vesperia PS3.

Why did it do so poorly?

A lot of potential reasons come to mind, some more valid than others

1- "Third Party games don't sell on Wii"

I think there is some validity to this statement, as there really are few 3rd party successes on the platform. I don't think its that simple though- what seems to me the likeliest possibility is that the PS2 audience has simply not moved to the Wii in any substantive numbers making most core PS2 franchises likely candidates for weak sales. Now, for Graces that excuse holds less weight given the presence of Symphonia on the GameCube and the spinoff on the Wii last year.

2- Final Fantasy 13

This is something I discounted early but it might have well played a factor. I think its possible FF13 completely overshadowed Graces to such an extent that normal RPG players that would buy Graces day 1 are instead waiting for FF13 and will buy Graces used in a month.

3- The Symphonia spinoff led to skepticism about Graces

From most accounts, the spinoff was not a quality product. Is it possible that this made it less likely that people would be interested in Graces even though it is the superior game? Possibly. How else do you explain a mainline entry selling less initially than the poorly received spinoff?

4- The market for RPG's on the Wii is very low and the Symphonia spinoff only did as well as it did because of the Symphonia name.

This seems possible as well. There really is no RPG market on the Wii, probably Nintendo's fault as well as 3rd parties. And yet Symphonia:KoR did decent, i.e over 200K. That led me and other to just assume a better effort would do better. But maybe the only reason KoR did that well was because of the Symphonia name and the true market for RPG's on the Wii is generally much lower.

Whatever the reason, Graces is a clear disappointment and no matter how valid some of these excuses may be, there comes a point where the exceptions swallow the rule- and in this case, I feel confident in saying Graces is an example of a game that has done better on other platforms, namely the PS3, and was hurt by being on the Wii.

Zurück
Top Bottom