PS4/PS5/PC PlayStation Studios (Entwickler & Spiele)

Today, as the deal is finally confirmed, we've caught up with Haven again. And a lot has changed in just a short amount of time. The developer now has 106 employees -- a rise over more than 50 since October last year -- so it's certainly no small indie team anymore.

And what's more it's made some key engineering hires, and significantly increased its investment in R&D and the cloud.

And the company's R&D work has also caught the attention of Mark Cerny, the lead system architect behind PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, although this isn't necessarily related to the cloud.
[..]

"We had a cloud team initially that was about six people working on new ways to work. Now, we've just welcomed another 21 engineers to focus on long-term cloud innovation, because we really believe it's going to be a game changer in terms of how games are made."

[...]
"When you think about the game engines that we have around, they were all built several years ago and things have changed a lot. Our games have a lot more data. We're making an exclusive for PS5, and it is a live service game, so we have additional challenges of how do we make that kind of game with that kind of delivery, but with the PlayStation-level graphics that people expect. All while allowing for those constant updates and building something that could be a living experience.

"So [Mark Cerny] is one of the main reasons we're investing so much in R&D, and in this very senior engineering team," Raymond teases. "It's not just tied to cloud but also some more forward-thinking R&D. I'm not able to say too much now, but that's obviously one of the other things that's been a big attractor and is exciting to our team with PlayStation. Of course Mark Cerny is kind of like a rockstar, too, so being able to collaborate with him is really exciting.

"And the fact that Jalal is joining... there are a lot of bold ideas that we're looking forward to exploring."

Ich bin mal gespannt, was Haven mit der Cloud so anstellt.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
0c137e07-75eb-4365-a5oktr.jpeg

Das ging dann doch schneller, als Sony erwartet hat mit Q4 2022.

Jetzt wo der Deal abgeschlossen ist, kann Jimbo damit anfangen den nächsten Fisch an Land ziehen.

Zum ende dieser Generation oder anders gesehen, im Übergang zur kommenden Generation. Werden viele neue aaa Sony IP's kommen! Jedenfalls sind die Weichen der Zukunft gelegt! :banderas: Wird spannend!

Die spiele kommen doch weiterhin multi. Bungie darf doch selber entscheiden auf welche Plattformen ihre spiele kommen oder nicht? Sony kassiert halt einfach mit.

Sony wird bestimmt von Projekt zu Projekt, Entscheidungen zu Multiplatfrom veröffentlichungen tätigen!? Daher kann man sich vorstellen, das MS's Platform auch mal aussenvor gelassen wird. Wobei man dem PC näher rückt und mitbedenkt etc. .

Ich glaube nicht, dass man Bungie nur gekauft hat, um einfach mal mit zu kassieren.

Weil dann wäre der Einkauf total sinnlos gewesen.
Bungie hat man in erster Linie gekauft um von deren Live-Service-Game Erfahrungen zu profitieren.
Sony will bis Ende 2025 12 Live-Service-Games veröffentlichen/betreiben und Bungie soll ihnen dabei helfen.

Ich gehe davon aus, dass Sony Deviation Games als nächstes Sony-Studio ankündigen wird

Ich könnte mir vorstellen das Sony dieser starke Partner ist....

Uncharted-Director gründet neues Studio Wildflower Interactive

21.07.22 - Bruce Straley, Director von The Last of Us, Uncharted 2 und 4, hat mit Wildflower Interactive sein eigenes Entwicklerstudio gegründet. Straley hatte Naughty Dog 2017 verlassen.

Ein erstes Spiel liegt bereits als Prototyp vor. Außerdem hat Wildflower nach eigenen Angaben einen "starken Partner", der das Studio unterstützt.

gamefront.de

Sony Gaming Unit Adds Uber Antitrust Lawyer Amid Expansion Plans
Sony Interactive Entertainment Corp. has hired a new top antitrust and public policy lawyer in Gregory McCurdy, who held a similar position at Uber Technologies Inc.

McCurdy, Sony’s new senior director for competition and regulatory affairs, arrives as the company’s gaming subsidiary recently made a key acquisition and scuttled an antitrust class action. He left Uber last month, shortly before the ridesharing giant’s former top European lobbyist leaked a trove of company documents.

A Sony spokesperson confirmed McCurdy’s hire, which he announced in a recent message posted to his LinkedIn profile.

“The world of video games is fascinating and will be a great new adventure for me,” McCurdy said via LinkedIn. He spent more than 15 years as a senior litigation and policy lawyer for Microsoft Corp. prior to joining Uber in 2015. “I know it a bit from my Microsoft days when Xbox launched to compete with PlayStation,” McCurdy said.

ich call dass Sony als nächstes Square Enix aufkauft :goodwork:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

He continues: "If I read between the lines, Square Enix Japan was not as committed as we hoped initially. And there are rumours, obviously, that with all these activities of mergers and acquisitions, that Sony would really like to have Square Enix within their wheelhouse. I heard rumours that Sony said they're really interested in Square Enix Tokyo, but not the rest. So, I think [Square Enix CEO Yosuke] Matsuda-san put it like a garage sale."

Zurück
Top Bottom