Microsoft Microsoft First und Second Party Lineup und Diskussions-Thread

Der Artikel ist ganz tolle Werbung für jedes unabhängige Studio auch Teil von Microsoft zu werden, wenn finanzielle Sicherheit bei kreativer Freiheit gewünscht wird. Denn der Markt jenseits der ganz großen Publisher ist verdammt dünn, und meistens wird den Entwicklern viel hereingeredet, wenn man dann mal einen Deal gemacht hat mit einem externen Geldgeber. Jetzt müssen die bisher gekauften Studios nur noch zeigen, was sie für die Xbox so zaubern können. Ich wünsche allen Studios großen Erfolg und der Marke Xbox, dass sie in der nächsten Generation davon auch entsprechend profitieren kann, die Leute einfach gerne gute Games auf allen Platformen zocken und ihren kindischen Mist endlich mal sein lassen.

Schön geschrieben. Freu mich auf beide konsolen und wünsche nicht nur ms auch sony erfolg. Auf das die konsolen mit tollen spielen uns erhalten bleiben.

Artikel:
wie Phil es auf den Punkt bringt :goodwork:

“Held back is a meme that gets created by people who are too caught up in device competition”

solche weisen Worte fliegen leider über die meisten Köpfe wie der Flight Simulator über die ganze Erde :shakehead:

Der Artikel ist ganz tolle Werbung für jedes unabhängige Studio auch Teil von Microsoft zu werden, wenn finanzielle Sicherheit bei kreativer Freiheit gewünscht wird. Denn der Markt jenseits der ganz großen Publisher ist verdammt dünn, und meistens wird den Entwicklern viel hereingeredet, wenn man dann mal einen Deal gemacht hat mit einem externen Geldgeber. Jetzt müssen die bisher gekauften Studios nur noch zeigen, was sie für die Xbox so zaubern können. Ich wünsche allen Studios großen Erfolg und der Marke Xbox, dass sie in der nächsten Generation davon auch entsprechend profitieren kann, die Leute einfach gerne gute Games auf allen Platformen zocken und ihren kindischen Mist endlich mal sein lassen.

Hört sich jedenfalls sehr gut für Mitarbeiter an. Wenn der Arbeitgeber gut ist, dann hat man auch mehr Motivation in die Arbeit zu gehen.
Natürlich ist es auch verständlich wenn ein Publisher mitreden möchte. Wenn ich eine Dienstleistung bezahle würde ich auch gerne involviert werden.
Wenn ein Spiel auf den Markt kommt von "glücklichen" Mitarbeiter ist das immer gut.

Auf der anderen Seite wird die konsole von Firmen hergestellt die naja nicht sonderlich gut zu seinen Mitarbeiter ist.

Denke es müsste ein umdenken in der Videospiel Industrie geben. Wegen crunch etc. das solche Missstände wie crunch nicht mehr passieren. Würde auch mehr für ein Spiel bezahlen.

Wenn man die letzten 20 Jahre schaut sind Spiele kaum teurer geworden.. Inflation und so.

Kurzum ist das ganze sehr toll freut mich für die Mitarbeiter und wenn ein Spiel dadurch noch erfolgreich ist umso besser.

Polygon hat ein Interview mit Matt Booty veröffentlicht und es wieder offline gestellt. Auf Reddit gibt es eine Mitschrift/Kopie:

The Initiative:
We had a unique opportunity with The Initiative that Darrell Gallagher, who’s obviously had a lot of success in the industry, became available. And we thought, where can we build the studio, which we haven’t done in a while? And how would this work? And what does it mean to go create a new studio from ground zero, where we’re going to bring in people very deliberately around a product idea? And what does it mean to build a studio in a location that we really haven’t had a presence? I think you’ve seen some of the hires that Darryl’s made, where there’s just a lot of activity in that area where we can hire really great talent. We decided, let’s try something new. We’ve got these big franchises. They sort of have their own way of doing something. We acquired some studios that came with their own culture. How do we start something from ground zero?

I don’t want to get into too much, particularly with our showcase coming up, in terms of what The Initiative is doing. But I’ll just say that obviously we spent a lot of time talking with them and reviewing and seeing what’s going on. I think people are going to be pretty excited when we start to talk about what’s going on there.

Undead Labs:
So almost eight, nine years ago, we started working with Undead Labs on State of Decay. And now, State of Decay has hit milestones in terms of millions of players. They’ve got a very vibrant community. We acquired that studio, and I think you could say that State of Decay is now on track to start to look a little bit more like a franchise. Now we can debate what franchise means, but to me, it means that it’s an IP in a world big enough that it can support things like books and comics and movies and action figures. And, more importantly — this is where I’ll get back to your first question — within that world is room to create new games.

Old IPs v. New IPs:
I’m particularly proud of Minecraft Dungeons, because that game came out of a game jam kind of thing that a couple people did in Stockholm, and it was kind of this quirky little thing, but here we are four years later. It’s, I think, a fantastic game that shows that you can innovate on game mechanics and gameplay type, within the confines of a big established franchise, like a Minecraft. And if you look at what we’ve done with Gears Tactics, even something like Gears Pop, you look at what Forza’s doing with Forza Street. It’s easy now because it’s, again, Forza Horizon 4, which has been a big success for us. But when we decided to go branch off Forza into Motorsport and Forza Horizon, that was even an example. And you’ve got within Halo, things like Halo Wars.

So I think we as stewards of big IP, it’s kind of like being the steward of Marvel or Star Wars. You’re gonna lean in there, because that’s what those are, right? But I think within those worlds, there’s plenty of room to innovate. And then we’ve got the other studios with that we can look to. I think Rare’s a great example. We’ve got success with the Sea of Thieves, and that game just continues to grow and pick up momentum. But at the same time, within that studio, we’ve got a brand new IP like Everwild coming out. And I think that balance is what we’re going to strive for.

Xbox Game Publishing:
We have multiple ways that content can come into the Xbox ecosystem. Of course we’ve got our first-party studios. Also, remember that within first party, we have a publishing team. And first-party publishing is different than our third-party team. I don’t want to get too much into the org chart, but that allows us to work with developers who want to remain independent, but we will bring the content exclusive to Xbox. That’s how we end up working with people like Moon Studios on Ori, where we can bring something exclusive through first-party publishing, which is different than them just getting a publishing agreement.

Studiokäufe:
There’s no playbook or timeline pressure there. We’re in a great spot. Microsoft as a company has supported us very strongly in these acquisitions. I mean, to be able to go out and do everything from acquiring something as big as Minecraft to then being able to go out and acquire studios, which don’t come with sort of that pop culture awareness as a Minecraft, but still are important to what we’re doing. So I feel very supported there.

Phil [Spencer] has always been super supportive in terms of how this fits into Xbox. I think it’s more a case of, if we felt that there was a developer out there that we thought made sense to become more integrated and part of Xbox Game Studios, that we would be well-supported to go do that. Things happen with an ebb and flow. Right now, we’re just very focused on supporting, making sure that we’re ready for the launch of the new console later in the year.

And we’re also very focused on supporting things that are important to Xbox like Game Pass, and helping support the Project xCloud team and making sure that our team is working on things like Smart Delivery, and making sure that we’re getting prepped to get the most out of the new hardware. That’s just where our mindset is right now. And that could ebb and flow is we get, say, nine months to a year out from now.

Bleeding Edge:
I feel proud of Bleeding Edge, and I think that it’s a success within its context. First, the game was able to find an audience within Game Pass, which I think is great for a game like that. One of the things that we really look at as a strength right now is that anybody that makes a game is going to want to find an audience for it, right? It’s just the nature of making something artistic; you want to get it out in front of people. That game got an exposure through Game Pass, which really put it in a good position.

I also think that it’s important that we support our studios to take steps that move them further on their evolution. I think Bleeding Edge was well-crafted. I think it was well designed. And like anything in entertainment, there are going to be some things that catch a spark and go mega, and then there’s going to be some things that don’t. If anybody’s got that crystal ball, please, let me know. Because I don’t have it! [laughs] We could all go retire to some island in the South Pacific.

So, I think that that game was put together by a team that was a chance for some up-and-coming designers that we are invested in long-term for the future, to flex their design muscles and get a game out. I think it’s a good chance for Ninja Theory to take a step with a kind of game that they haven’t made before. And then we had an audience for it within Game Pass. Although, you know, we haven’t talked about numbers, but it found a good community of players within Game Pass. So I don’t have any regrets about something like Bleeding Edge, at all. And I think it’s going to be important for us to be willing to empower studios to take steps to make things, because the problem is, you never know what’s going to lead to what, right?

It’s like that quote, then — I’m sure it’s been said by many people, but I always picture here in Seattle, we have the MoPOP music museum, and there’s a big Prince quote on the wall: “People can work for years to become an overnight success.” And I don’t know that you can ever go back and say, boy, which steps could I skip to get to where I am now? And you think about Obsidian — what games did they need to make along their way so that they were in a position to make something like Outer Worlds, right?

We’re always going to need to make sure that things are well-crafted. And then we’re gonna need to support our teams with feedback, so that they get access to really honest feedback about what they’re building. And we’re always going to be willing to take a chance with some things, because I think we have to, right? Or otherwise we’re just going to lose the ability to ever hit that spark of something new.

Wo die XGS in 6 Monaten stehen:
If games were on a six-month cycle, I think we could chew through some of these steps pretty quickly. But the reality is the games take longer. I think we got to be patient. We got to be in this for the long game, but I think over the next three years, hopefully the evolution we see is that we could have this discussion again in three years. And I could say, look, here’s this studio, look at the step they took. Look, here’s this studio, look at the step they took. And even the bigger franchises have these — one of the biggest steps that Minecraft took over the last few years is to open up the creator marketplace, and really turn over the content creation into the hands of the players and the creators. That’s a really big step for a game to take, but I think we could point to each of our studios, and that’s how I tend to think about it — I’ve got this list in my head of what is the next step-wise evolution for each one of our dev teams.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Booty said Microsoft looked to three things when deciding which teams to acquire to bolster Xbox Game Studios: “People — people that we knew and we’ve worked with before; teams — teams that have stuck together, and have been through some good times and some adverse times; and then, ideas — in terms of a steady flow of new things that we could bring to our players.”

(...)

“We had a unique opportunity with The Initiative that Darrell Gallagher, who’s obviously had a lot of success in the industry [at Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix, and Activision], became available. And we thought, where can we build the studio, which we haven’t done in a while? And how would this work? [...] And what does it mean to build a studio in a location that we really haven’t had a presence? I think you’ve seen some of the hires that Darrell’s made, where there’s just a lot of activity in that area where we can hire really great talent. We decided, let’s try something new. We’ve got these big franchises. They sort of have their own way of doing something. We acquired some studios that came with their own culture. How do we start something from ground zero?”

Compulsion fehlte gestern... sind bisher eines der Kleinsten XGS, Rüsten aber mächtig auf... nettes neues Büro:

• Plan to have almost 100 employees in the next 18 month
  • 35% of their workforce will be done by external studios / outsourcing
  • Floor that can accommodate +120 employees
  • Cloud Chamber (new bio shock dev) is here too (not the same floor)

Ausgangspost aktualisiert! Neues Foto!

- Playground Games: Fable hinzugefügt
- Obsidian Entertainment: Avowed und The Outer Worlds DLC hinzugefügt
- Undead Labs: State of Decay 3 hinzugefügt
- Turn 10 Studios: Forza Motorsport hinzugefügt
- Publishing: As Dusk Falls, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, The Gunk, Tetris Effect: Connected, Warhammer 40.000: Darktide, Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis hinzugefügt

Jemand mitbekommen,das Interior Night ein neues Xbox Games Studio ist?

Nein eigentlich nicht.
Da das Spiel kein interesse geweckt hat mit dem Trailer. Es ist für mich ein nicht sehr viel aussagender Trailer mit einer Familie. Kann sehr gut erzählt sein oder auch nicht.

Kurzum mir ist das ganze Studio net wirklich aufgefallen. Wobei ich nicht ausschließe das mir das Spiel gefallen könnte. Heavy Rain und beyond two souls fand ich sehr gut. Ich hab in dem Trailer jetzt nichts besonderes erkannt und mir hat das Gameplay Material gefehlt.

Zurück
Top Bottom