L17: Mentor
Thread-Ersteller
Seit
23 März 2004
PSN
ByteCulture
Steam
DuncanGallagher
[video=youtube;LCB19lzAXS8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LCB19lzAXS8#t=1147s[/video]

:o

Dead Space, Amnesia oder Slenderman damit spielen..... :win:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507422

Ein paar Zitate:

"This is awesome 3D it feels like iam in the room"
"Deeply fundamentaly cool!"

Beste Szene 15.20 - Er erschreckt sich udn stoppt weil er im Spiel denkt er stößt sich den Kopf an der Tür

vr2kufgb.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich bin von dem Teil schon sehr angetan und finde es ist der bessere Weg als Illumniroom, aber iwie macht das ganze nur bei First Person Games Sinn.

Ich finde es seit Anfang an sowas von interessant, freue mich auf die Zukunft. :)

Joa irgendwie glaube ich das die zwei großen Konsolenherrsteller auch auf den Oculus Trend aufspringen werden.

Endlich gibt es einen eigenen Thread für die Zukunft das Gaming... ach was Gamings, VR wird sehr viele Bereiche beeinflussen.

Release ist aber net wirklich März, da kommen halt die Dev. Kits.
Release ist wohl in ca. einem Jahr.

einige Reaktionen

CNET: "Best demo at CES by far"
IGN: "Oculus Rift virtual headset is a game changer"
PopSci: "The Rift is certainly one of the most amazing things I've seen at CES this year--hell, any year"
PCWorld: "Oculus Rift VR headset prototype works so well it’s a little scary"

Und gibt noch mehr :)

edit: der Nachfolger vom oberen Video

[video=youtube;RyUMUMtCqGY]http://youtu.be/RyUMUMtCqGY[/video]

Ab ca 34min wird 20min NUR NOCH darüber geredet wie geil Oculus Rift ist. (und ein bisse über 4k gelacht)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
das wirds doch bestimmt dann auch für konsolen geben :o

bestimmt, ich hoffe es gibt einfach ein Gerät, welches ich dann an Xbox3, Ps4 und PC verwenden kann. Ich brauch nicht für jedes Gerät ein eigenes Teil.

Allein schon wegen Forza/GT gibts Grund genug. Da bezahlen leute 1000€ für Lenkrad und sitz usw. da sind die auch locker bereit 300 für sowas zu bezahlen.

ausführlichere Reaktionen

From PopSci Article titled "CES 2013: Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Headset Is Freaking Amazing": "It's impossible to really get across how world-shifting the Rift is; it's exactly like we'd dreamed virtual reality would be. You put on these goggles and you slip into a completely new world, in which your body movements respond pretty much the way they would in the real world. It's comfortable, too, and not particularly heavy, which I was worried about. Feels mostly like ski goggles."

From PopSci "The Rift is certainly one of the most amazing things I've seen at CES this year--hell, in any year. It's not really possible to describe what it's like to use it, but as soon as I put the goggles on and turned my head, I think my mouth dropped. It's flat-out awesome."

From PCWorld "Oculus Rift VR headset prototype works so well it’s a little scary"

From PCMag "After the 3D effect of the Oculus Rift, the head tracking provided the most sense of immersion. I didn't just see objects with depth, I saw them as if I was looking at them with my own eyes. The Oculus Rift tracked every movement of my head as I looked around, tilting and shifting the picture appropriately. I found myself watching a snowflake fall from the sky and moving my head to follow it. I looked from high above my head down to the ground as the snowflake fell. I couldn't see my feet or any other part of my body, but, again, this is a software issue. The effect was still incredible."

From TechRadar "The experience is extremely fluid and natural, to an amazing degree. And in less than a minute, one comes to the realization that this is the bold face of the future of gaming that so many have longed for."

From IGN "This virtual world became more palpable, more real, more believable and instantly became more of a character than just about any other game world I had ever played through. And perhaps that’s the best way to phrase it. In the past, I simply played through worlds. I moved through them. This one made me feel like I was physically in that space. Living in it. Unable to look away, because it was all around me. It’s immersion on an entirely different level."

From CNET "guess what it comes down to is this: the Oculus Rift is the virtual reality we've been promised since the dawn of video gaming, and really, the early days of science fiction. It leaps past all other attempts at the technology and moves into the realm of total immersion. The feeling is so natural that it's effortless to suspend disbelief that you are standing in that place, in that world. And that's with the prototype's crappy LCD screen and early pre-pre-preproduction software and drivers.
When this thing finally ships, with a better screen (can a boy dream for OLED?), and a bunch of software available, it could be a radical shift in gaming and who knows what else."
Makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck to think about the possibilities."

:) :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Endlich gibt es einen eigenen Thread für die Zukunft das Gaming... ach was Gamings, VR wird sehr viele Bereiche beeinflussen.

Das hat man auch Ende der 80er Anfang 90er auch gesagt. Aber das das wieder zum Thema wird ist sehr interessant. Und wie gesagt laut Gerüchten wollen die anderen 2großen Herrsteller Optional dieses auch anbieten.

Mal gucken was stimmt.

solange brillenträger nicht benachteiligt sind:hippie1:.
ich denke daran, mann zockt gerade nen shotter und ein kumpel geht dich an und du erschrickst totall, weil du nicht drarauf gefasst bist was in deiner umwelt ringsrum passiert ;-)

Aber 1280x800px is mir irgendwie zu wenig. 1080p sollte schon drin sein.. Hoffentlich kommt ne Full HD Version von dem Ding.

glaub um Support muss man sich keine Sorgen machen

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/10/vireio-perception-driver-oculus-rift/

"The drivers work with nine games so far: Left 4 Dead, Half-Life 2, Portal 2, Skyrim, Mirror’s Edge, AaAaAA!!!, Unreal Tournament 3, Dear Esther, and DiRT 2. CyberReality plans to add additional games in the future after spending more time with the kit."

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=16097

"- VorpX offers support for DirectX9-11 games, about 40 games of various kinds are supported already, more to come. Detailed information on initially supported games follows as soon as the website is up (most likely mid february). Expect many current top titles."

Das Teil hat als Dev. Kit schon Day 1 dutzende Spiele. Allein Mirrors Edge, Skyrim und Portal 2 sollten für gute Stimmung sorgen :D

Zurück
Top Bottom