Bohemia Interactive Store (Standard Edition)
Bohemia Interactive Store (Supporter Edition)
DayZ is currently in Alpha:
DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.
Tips and Tricks:
- Weapon models are being completely redone
- New audio will be recorded for the game. Everything from the mod will be replaced including weapons, ambient sounds, vehicles, etc.
- Zombie pathing and AI has been fixed.
- Game engine is based on the RV3 engine from Take on Helicopters. The backend was completely rewritten for Server/Client architecture.
- Servers can now support over 150 players at once.
- Zombie spawns and AI are handled by the server.
- New animations and skeletons have been created for players and zombies.
- Loot is spawned by the server.
- New Chernarus+ Map with thousands of improvements from textures, foliage improvements, increased devastation, areas, general improvements to realism, and more.
- New Apartment area near Chernogorsk
- Whole northern area of the map recreated with additional content.
- Swamp areas littered across the map.
- Massive Island added southeast of Elektro
- Derelict cargo ship added along the eastern shoreline.
- All buildings can now be entered, with custom loot spawns, textures, and rooms for every house.
- Hospitals and schools have been completely reworked with new areas added to each.
- New inventory system with the ability to switch out cosmetic items on the character such as different clothes.
- Robust crafting system has been implemented.
- Weapons no longer spawn with attachments, they are crafted from items scavenged from the world.
- Items need to be disinfected if the previous user had a disease.
- Radios have been added for direct communication between players. Other players can intercept and listen in on these communications.
- Internet stations can be listened to through the radios.
- Radios can be placed on the ground and set to transmit, this can be heard by all players in the area and can be used for setting traps.
- [Future] Instanced base system. Underground bases can be built by the players.
- [Future] Vehicles are being completely redone - new handling mechanics, modular repairs, and sounds.
19 December 2013
- Config: added anim hooks for zombie feeding(should allow for zombie to deal damage to unconscious players)
- Config: greeting with 2 handed weapon now possible without disarming
- UI: Inspect option in the inventory screen (shows item in 3D, draft system only)
- Engine: Servers with incompatible version marked in the server browser
- Engine: The „Player uses modified data“ message is removed from CHAT
- Design: you can craft splint and fix broken limbs with it
- Design: players who disconnect when unconscious will die
- Design: players who disconnect when restrained will die
- New weapon: Magnum .357 Revolver + ammo
- Config: removed a small delay before the animation for un-shouldering a weapon starts playing when changing weapons (kneel and prone)
- Config: fix a minor issue with one handed items not being correctly placed in right hand for a surrender transition
- Config: m4 bolt and magazine animation improved
- Config: adjusted collision shape for armed player(should fix occasional issues going up stairs)
- Config: fixed an issue where unshouldering/shouldering weapon while moving forward caused the player to stop
- Animations: Sprint updated (Unarmed) - Unarmed sprint faster now
- Animations: Mosin Nagant Reload - Hand doesn't clip into scope when opening and closing bolt after each shot, weapon more stable now
- UI: Early Access warning dialogue
- Engine: Fix of players being able to talk globally when dead through Direct Chat
- Design: damage is transferred from closed can to open one
- Design: licking a battery now displays the battery's state properly
- Design: wooden sticks model fits inventory slots better now
- Crash: Occurs when pushing details twice on MP server browser
- Engine: Updated rain texture with refraction
- Design: Player blood and health not regenerating naturally
17 December 2013
- Temporary status indicators for state of player in the inventory screen (thirsty, sickness, hunger, etc...)
- force feed other players
- Rain updated - it should better correspond with the rest of scene by adding the refraction effect
- New variations for main menu (Unarmed) added
- Greeting animations for all stances to be replaced (Now with left hand to avoid issues when holding items)
- Magnum hand IK
- Opening cans with sharp tools
- Dot crosshair
- Damaging knife, screwdriver and bayonet used for opening cans
- Loot array (with respective type of meat) added to animals configs and new types of meat added to food configs (ANIMALS DISABLED)
- Drinking directly from wells now works
- headwear descriptions updated
- pants descriptions updated
- increased battery drain by flashlight
- bandaging cannot fix broken leg now
- server browser shows internet tab as selected out of the box
- fixed modifier messages, one message type per stage
- Workshop: lowered moto helmets spawn probability. removed old proxies, replaced with memory points
- Reduced level at which player becomes permanently unconscious
- Increased rate players recover from shock damage
- Internet set to default tab for multiplayer server browsing
- improved responsiveness when side-stepping from left to right/right to left
- disabled head movement for unconscious states
- adjusted head bob for select animations
- Various security related measures
- Tweaked the tenement buildings (small and big) for spawns on the roof
- improved transitions for restrained player
- Removed old proxies and replaced them with memory points and new loot spawn in sheds
- enabled step blending with raised rifle for better responsiveness
- fixed performance issues on character creation and saving
- fixed character creation record override
- increased server response time and performance