Hast du Oblivion mal gespielt!?

Auf Wertungen kann man heutzutage einen Dreck geben.

Oblivion ist ein großartiges Spiel, solange man keine Quests macht. Das Hauptquest ist eine Katastrophe, die Nebenquests laufen alle nach Schema F. Ich habe mir die Englische Version gekauft, selbst da merkt man, dass Bethesda zu wenig Sprecher verpflichtet hat. Dann hätten sie lieber nur Text machen sollen.
Das Level-Scaling macht das Game auch nicht besser - ein Glück es gibt Mods, aber es kann nicht die Aufgabe einer Community sein derartige Fehler zu richten.
Oblivion hat noch viel mehr Schwachstellen, dabei hätte das Spiel durchaus ein riesen Potenzial gehabt - und mit etwas mehr Feintuning die Wertungen verdient.

@Master Chief
Kotor hat ja wie Diablo lediglich einige Rollenspielelemente, von einem Reinrassigen RPG kann da da nicht wirklich reden.

Planescape Torment, Fallout, Vampire - Bloodlines, das waren RPGs

Ich will mich da eigentlich auch gar nicht drüber streiten, Kotor war halt nicht mein Ding, aber ich kann schon nachvollziehgen warum es sehr beliebt ist. Bin eben nur enttäuscht darüber, dass Fallout3 allem anschein nach keinen Rundenbasierten Kampfmodus bekommt. Das hebelt nämlich dann S.P.E.C.I.A.L aus

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Anderes gutes Beispiel ist Shadowrun. Das hat aber auch gar nichts mehr mit dem Original zu tun.

Und wieder frage ich dich: Und?Solange ein gutes Spiel rauskommt ist mir der Name völlig wurscht.Die können auch aus Metal Gear meinetwegen nun ein Echtzeit Strategiespiel machen.Solange es Spaß macht und gut gemacht sehe ich darin kein Problem

Hoffentlich erinnerst du dich daran wenn mal etwas verwurstet wird was du magst

@morphic
wie schon oben erwähnt - scheinbar haben wir beide unterschiedliche definitionen was den nun ein rpg ist und was nicht bzw. was gut und was schlecht ist.
aber eben jedem das seine.
nur eines kann ich dir versichern - ganz egal was bethesda mit fallout 3 auch macht - ich werde das game lieben, da ich schon teil 1 und 2 verschlungen habe. :)

Ich befürchte das schlimmste, lasse mich aber auch gerne positiv Überraschen :)

Vielleicht kann man ja für 3 $ mal nachkaufen dass man auch wieder auf die Augen und in den Unterleib schießen kann, dass würde schon etwas helfen *g

Ich Überleg grade wie Fallout3 wohl werden würde, wenn Rockstar die Lizenz gekauft hätte. Sie haben Humor und sind nicht zimperlich was Gewalt angeht. Dafür haben sie nie ein RPG gemacht.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich befürchte das schlimmste, lasse mich aber auch gerne positiv Überraschen :)

Vielleicht kann man ja für 3 $ mal nachkaufen dass man auch wieder auf die Augen und in den Unterleib schießen kann, dass würde schon etwas helfen *g

Ich Überleg grade wie Fallout3 wohl werden würde, wenn Rockstar die Lizenz gekauft hätte. Sie haben Humor und sind nicht zimperlich was Gewalt angeht. Dafür haben sie nie ein RPG gemacht.

Es würde nicht gut werden. Und vorallem nicht sonderlich gut aussehen. Denke ich.

Ich freu mich jedenfalls rießig auf Fallout 3!!

neuer FAQ
Demoed on 360.

Warning: Possible spoilers within.

ANSWERS:

Separate PC / Console UI?

Yes, they learned their lesson from Oblivion and are making sure that the PC GUI will be suitable for keyboard+mouse users

PC/360/PS3 simultaneous release?

Yes.

Mod support on PC or Console?

Hasn't been decided yet.

More celebrity voice overs?

Besides Ron Perlman, they aren't ready to make any further announcements at this stage. No Jean-Luc :(

Any returning characters?

Not saying at this moment.

How dialogue works?

Branching dialogue tree, different choices/chances of success based on charisma and speaking skill.
Poor INT will NOT affect your dialogue choices.

Weather system?

Yes.

Fanbois?

They understand they're passionate about the brand and want to live up to their expectations but they are definitely making a game that they themselves want to play

How far can camera zoom out?

Pretty much full control over camera and can get into an iso/top-down view.

VATS?

Pauses game and lets you queue up actions, according to how many Action Points you have.
Action Points regenerate in real time based on Agility.
AP cost is dependant on weapon, skill.
Can queue up actions on multiple enemies.
My impression.. the combat looks like alot of fun!

Game areas?

Game areas are not scaled such as in Oblivion although there will be some minor scaling of creatures withing a predefined range of levels to maintain a fair bit of challenge.
Because XP and Levels are used, they are able to determine PC level/power better and be able to tailor quests/direct players to zones appropriate for their levels.

Random encounters/easter eggs such as Alien ship?

Maybe.
FYI, on the Energy Weapons skill info pane, it affects these types of weapons:
Alien, Cyro, Laser, Plasma and one other I think I missed.

Children?

In the game, killable (directly)? Not yet decided.

Groin/Eye shots?

They figure that a crit on the eye will gib the head anwyays so probably leaving that out. Groin shot is a maybe.

NPCs? Dogmeat?

Animal companions.. maybe. NPC followers are recruitable based on karma (good/evil/neutral) and controlled through dialogue.

Bloody mess perk?

Yes

Does the game end? Is there a level cap?

Yes to both questions.

How much it ties into the previous games?

You'll find out!

OTHER TIDBITS:

Weapons have decay. They are repaired using the repair skill which requires weapons of the same type to get parts from. Weapons decay has many effects such as Rate of Fire, Cone, Damage

Water is an important theme in Fallout, it's one way you can heal.

The Super Mutant Behemoth... looked like something out of GeOW, but in GeOW you don't actually get to fight the big monsters.

The Fat Man nuke effect is really cool.

Hacking minigame... hack into the BIOS for passwords to terminals. There will be alot of terminals.

XP mostly comes from quests.

Towns and Buildings are zoned like in Oblivion (load times between each, etc).

Other factions: one of the radio stations mentioned by in game dialogue is apparently run by The Enclave.

The faces are much better, especially the female ones.

Your in-game father (Liam Neeson) will physically reflect the choices you make on your own character's appearance.
Naja bin gespannt aber wehe es gibt keinen editor....

edit: 2 lange Previews der E3 präsentation
http://www.gamesarefun.com/gamesdb/preview.php?previewid=34
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2007/071307a.html

Hört sich alles vielversprechend an.

In der neuen PC action ist übrigens ein großes fallout preview^^

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
auf dem pc gibts ja die open towns mod für oblivion, leider steigen die hardwareanforderungen expotentiell

neue Falloutsite eröffnet^^

Welcome Back to Fallout

Todd Howard
Executive Producer

When we started Fallout 3 in 2004, we obviously had big ideas of what we could do with it, and I talked to a lot of outside people, from ex-developers to press folks to fans. What made it special? What are the key things you'd want out of a new one? The opinions, and I'll put this mildly…varied. A lot. But they would all end the same, like a stern father, pausing for affect – "but do not…screw it up." Gulp. Let me write that last one down a few times.

I'm going to assume that if you're reading this, you've probably read between 1 and 50 previews of Fallout 3 already (they're linked on this site). There's already too much info out there, in different forms and in conflicting ways, for me to cover or correct it all here. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that the information never gets out 100% correctly, and you will certainly never be quoted correctly. For the record, I never compared the violence in Fallout to Jackass, I compared it to Kill Bill…big difference. I also never said "fantasy is riding a horse and killing things," but oh well. Ultimately the game speaks for itself (certainly better than I do). The other thing to keep in mind is that preview comments often circle around the small-footprint sensational elements (Fat Man, toilet drinking, bobbleheads, etc), while sometimes missing the key points of the hour-long demo we give, which are: player choice, consequence, sacrifice, and survival.

Survival is a key theme of the game, not just for you, but for the characters living in the world. The no-longer-simple act of survival, and the uniqueness of it, gives each character special meaning. What has each one sacrificed to do so? You have to find water sources to drink from, and balance your health and radiation levels. There are countless sources of water. Yes, the game has toilets (just like…the real world), and if you want, you can drink out of them. That's a better solution than saying, "sorry player, you can drink all water types but this one." Don't confuse a preview mentioning toilets with what we're focused on.

I hope over the next year you'll come to see this website as a good place to get information on the game, right from us. Please know it's going to be a slow trickle all the way up to release for a few reasons, 1) the game is a long way off yet, and 2) we mess with the game until it's done. If something big changes that we've already discussed, we'll do our best to let you know. Suffice it to say, you should have more then enough info when the game hits the shelves to decide for yourself if Fallout 3 is worth your time and money.

The massive expectations of what this game means to everyone who loved Fallout, RPGs, and gaming-in-general is not lost on us. It's impossible to discuss the game with anyone without them referencing Oblivion and/or the Fallout legacy. In many ways, it's the sequel to both games. It's our "next" RPG after Oblivion while also being the sequel to one of the greatest games in the history of electronics. No pressure. We hear from everybody. If you have an opinion on what/how the game should be done, I guarantee we've heard it. From "don't change a thing, make it exactly like the others" to "I don't care as long as it has mutants," and every permutation in between.

If you know us, you know we work by a few key philosophies, and "reinvention" is one of them. I've seen too many things I once loved fall down the hole of numbing repetition, missing the innovation and flair the 1st one had. We tear down The Elder Scrolls each time and rebuild it, trying to find new ways of presenting the ultimate-fantasy-world-do-whatever-you-want-sandbox game each time. I guess I'm a product of Ultima 4 through 7, where I was at my "I can play games all day" period of my life. I saw Richard Garriott reinvent that game each time, from the interface to the combat to everything else. If any game is going to have the same impact it had years before, it must use new ways of doing it, because time changes not just the technology, but most importantly, the person viewing it.

And that's how we approach Fallout - find its spirit, the feelings it left you with, the impact it had when you first played it, and make that happen again…ten years later.

I also read the old reviews, which is a great way to get insight into how a game made people feel at the time. It's fun to read what stuck out to people back then, not just the world and its choices, but things that may look aged now, but were state of the art then; such as the SVGA graphics, the characters talking with full voice, and the over-the-top death animations. None of that registers now, but for 1997, the game certainly used the latest tricks to pull you into the world.

Obviously we had the old games to look at, and Fallout 1 became our main model and inspiration. I always preferred the tone of it, and it's the one we focused our time on dissecting. We also went through all the original source material, as well as the "Fallout Bible," put together by Chris Avellone, whose work is always fantastic. But one of my favorite sources, when we received everything (yes, everything) from Interplay, is the original "Fallout Vision Statement", back when it was called "Fallout: A GURPS Post Nuclear Adventure." This is the document detailing what Fallout was to be, and is a 14-point bulleted list. Here they are, in order, with direct quotes (enjoy – I know I did):

Mega levels of violence. "When people die, they don't just die – they get cut in half, they melt into a pile of goo, explode like a blood sausage, or several different ways – depending on the weapon you use."
There is often no right solution. "Like it or not, the player will not be able to make everyone live happily ever after. "
There will always be multiple solutions. "No one style of play will be perfect."
The others are: "The players actions affect the world.", "There is a sense of urgency," "It's open ended," "The player will have a goal," "The player has control of his actions," "Simple Interface," "Speech will be lip-synched with the animation," "A wide variety of weapons and actions," "Detailed character creation rules," "just enough GURPS material to make the GURPSers happy. The game comes first." That one is actually crossed out in the document, as they dropped GURPS, and lastly:

14. "The Team is Motivated" "We want to do this. We care about this game and we will make it cool."

Ten years later and I don't know that I would change a word of what we want to do today. Especially that last one. We have an incredibly passionate and amazing group here; I've been privileged to work with many of them for over a decade. Hopefully in another 10 years people will look back and say, "Nope, they didn't screw it up." Hopefully.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/home/home.php

Sie scheinen sogar sehr ehrgeizig zu sein. Hoffe das es sich am ende auch auszahlt und es kein obliout wird^^

Fallout 3: Interview mit Lead Designer Emil Pagliarulo

04.08.07 - Play.tm führte ein Interview mit lead Designer Emil Pagliarulo von Bethesda, der an Fallout 3 (PS3, Xbox 360) arbeiet. Ergänzend zu bereits bekannten infos, alles Neue im Überblick:

- Der bisherige Erfolg hat Bethesda gezeigt, dass viele Spieler eher 'actionorientierte' RPGs mögen.

- Die Runden reichen von alten U-Bahn-Stationen bis hin zu komplett verwüsteten Städten.

- Man hat die Möglichkeit, gut, böse oder 'zweigleisig' zu spielen. Diese Art zu spielen hat sich in Fallout bewährt und man will die Tradition beibehalten.

- Das neue V.A.T.S. System soll eine Verbesserung des 'gezielten Schusses' aus Fallout sein.

- Schaltet der Kampf in die Sicht aus der 3. Person, bekommt man ein zusätzliches 'Mein Charakter ist ein knallharter Kerl'-Gefühl.

- Spielt man ohne den V.A.T.S.-Modus, hat man eine ähnliche Spielerfahrung wie bei anderen, traditionellen RPGs aus Sicht erster oder dritter Person, wie beispielsweise Deus Ex oder No One Lives Forever.

- In Fallout 3 ist man alleine unterwegs, kann aber, zu gegebener Zeit, Nicht-Spieler Charaktere (NPCs) rekrutieren, um ihnen verschiedene Anweisungen zu geben.

- Es gibt die Möglichkeit, während des Kampfes Musik zu hören. Dies würde die bekannte Ironie und den dunklen Humor von Fallout widerspiegeln. Beim Gefecht mit Super-Mutanten fliegen einem Laser und Kugeln um die Ohren und Köpfe explodieren - dazu läuft dann Musik von Bands wie 'Tex Beneke'.

- Mit einem 'Pip-Boy'-Radio hört Musik, wodurch man aber auch Aufträge erhält belauscht den Feind bei Gesprächen belauscht.

- In der Geschichte geht es um die Verbindung zum eigenen Vater, gesprochen von Liam Neeson, der einen im 'Vault 101' großgezogen hat und eines Tages einfach verschwindet. Warum ist er weg? Wohin ist er gegangen?

- Man erlaubt den Fallout-Spielern das erste Mal, dreidimensional am Geschehen teilzunehmen, worauf man sehr stolz ist.

- Ob 'Dogmeat' zurückkommt, kann Pagliarulo nicht sagen, aber es sei bewundernswert, wie oft diese Frage gestellt wird.

- Die NPCs sprechen in bis zu 30 verschiedenen Arten, so dass man mehr Abwechslung als bei alten Bethesda-Spielen hat.

- Kennt man die alten Fallout-Teile, finden sich gelegentlich Dinge, die man aus diesen Spielen kennt, wie beispielsweise die 'Brotherhood of Steel'.

- Die Spielerfahrung wird bei allen Versionen gleich sein. PC-Nutzer bekommen eine robustere Bedienung als z.B. bei The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

- Super intelligente NPCs zu haben, bedeutet nicht immer auch ein besseres Spiel. In Fallout 3 handeln NPCs selbstständig, aber ohne den Spieler zu verwirren, so dass man sich nicht fragt: Warum macht der das gerade? Z.B. die 'Brotherhood of Steel' trainiert auf dem Übungsgelände, ein 'Wastelander' meckert mit seiner Frau usw.

- Die Entwicklung von Fallout 3 hat Bethesda von Anfang an sehr ernst genommen und ist stolz darauf, die 'Seele' v
on Fallout beibehalten zu haben.

PC Games Preview

In Fallout 3 gibt es nämlich keine Klassen; stattdessen bestimmen Sie zu Ihrem elften Geburtstag, welche der sieben Attribute - Stärke, Wahrnehmung, Ausdauer, Ausstrahlung, Intelligenz, Beweglichkeit und Glück - Sie ausbilden möchten. An Ihrem 16. Geburtstag legen Sie dann Ihre Spezialisierung in 14 Fertigkeiten fest, darunter etwa Waffenkunde oder das Hacken von Terminals. Die Freiheit hat aber auch einen Haken, in Form der Levelgrenze: Gerade mal 20 Stufen steigt Ihr Charakter auf, danach ist Schluss. Die Vielfalt an Fähigkeiten lädt jedoch zum Ausprobieren ein und soll so zum wiederholten Durchspielen animieren. Laut Bethesda wird man etwa 20 Stunden für die Haupt- und noch mal so viel für all die Nebenaufträge benötigen.
Fallout 3, der NextGen-RPG-Quickie. :neutral:

Aber wenn's dafür abwechslungsreicher und dynamischer wirkt als das blutarme Oblivion und ein Widerspielwert wie in den Vorgängern erzielt werden kann, soll's mir auch recht sein.^^

PC Games Preview
Fallout 3, der NextGen-RPG-Quickie. :neutral:
Aber wenn's dafür abwechslungsreicher und dynamischer wirkt als das blutarme Oblivion und ein Widerspielwert wie in den Vorgängern erzielt werden kann, soll's mir auch recht sein.^^

20-30 Stunden sind für mich absolut okay ... auch aus den bereits von dir genannten Gründen :)

Ich werde Fallout 3 sicher weiter beobachten :scan: ... ;)

Welches heutige RPG hat denn mehr als 50 Stunden Spielzeit zu bieten? Das kann man doch an der Hand abzählen...Mass Effect soll in der Hauptstory afaik auch nur ca 20 Stunden dauern. Und solange der Rest des
gut ist...

Oblivion hatte doch auch nicht mehr, zumindest die Hauptquest. Ich finds in Ordnung, werde dann sich er 30-40 Stunden am Spiel hängen.

Oblivion hatte doch auch nicht mehr, zumindest die Hauptquest.
Hauptstory ja, aber mit allen Nebenquests und erforschen kommst locker bei Oblivion über 200h.

@ DarthSol

Das sind sehr viele. Nur man muss ebend dann auch die ganzen Nebensachen mitmachen. Gibt ja doch viele Spieler die nur durch die Hauptstory rassen und dann jammern warum es so kurz ist.

Zurück
Top Bottom