Xbox360 Fable Anniversary

hmm, gerade in der Consolewars-News gelesen, dass es 1080p haben soll? Wäre damit das erste Xbox 360-Spiel oder? Wieso sind die Bilder hier dann nur hochgerechnet?

hmm, gerade in der Consolewars-News gelesen, dass es 1080p haben soll? Wäre damit das erste Xbox 360-Spiel oder? Wieso sind die Bilder hier dann nur hochgerechnet?

Geometry Wars 2 hatte schon 1080p :sorry:
Steht sogar im Trailer :aehja:

[video=youtube;AP6TK2xFWZs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP6TK2xFWZs[/video]

gibt doch ein paar 360er games mit 1080p:
Virtua Tennis 3 = 1920x1080 (2xAA)
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel = 1920x1080
NBA Street Home court (demo) = 1920x1080 (4xAA)
Fifa Street 3 = 1920x1080 (4xAA

http://beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

Ne wäre nicht das erste, gab durchaus paar Sporttitel (NBA die es hatten), wenn ich mich jetzt nicht irre.

Scheint ein super Remake zu sein, die Bilder sprechen für sich, sehen sehr atmosphärisch und verspielt aus.

Sieht sehr gut aus! Bleibt ein Fixkauf ^^ Bin gespannt ob der Zauber von Teil 1 ohne Einschränkungen transportiert werden kann

Enthält das Spiel eigentlich Lost Chapters?

Ansonsten wirds wohl gekauft, auch wenn ich das Original hier stehen hab.

ich poste hier mal ein langes interview .. wer lust hat kann es sich durchlesen

Fable Anniversary and Lionhead 2.0 - An Interview With Ted Timmins

How long has Fable Anniversary been in development?

So about in 2008 I sent an e-mail to Phil Spencer, who’s the head of Microsoft Studios and when Phil Spencer comes to Lionhead he always says to us, “Hey guys, feel free to drop me an e-mail!” and every time I think, “Yeah, I should email him sometime.” And I e-mailed him years ago just saying, “It would be awesome to have a re-made Fable game.” And he’s great and always replies and he’s like, “I totally agree! Absolutely love Fable, both as the head of the studio and as a gamer.” And he was like “We’re looking into Halo: Anniversary, if it goes well and the fans are receptive we can definitely look into doing Fable.” So the very first internal discussions, very very high level, were about in 2008, 2007, sometime around then. I’ve still got the original e-mail somewhere if you wanted the actual date. And then last year we had just finished Fable: The Journey and I thought “Screw it. I’m going to do a really crappy box art (because I’m not an artist) but I’ll try my best.” Right? I can use Photoshop, well...define 'use', and I’m also going to write just a brief design document on if I were to change anything in Fable TLC, these would be the key points. Saved games, control system, obviously the graphical feel, adding achievements (that’s a huge thing for the fans).

So I just did this design document with my crappy artwork and I sent it to the leadership team at Lionhead. So that’s like, the studio head, one of our directors, creative director, etc. And I didn’t hear back and I thought, “Oh you know, never mind,” you don’t always hear back. Then I found out that one of them was reading it one day so ok, that’s cool. And I didn’t say anything, I just left it alone. And then every year we do this thing called Creative Day, and I thought again, screw it. We’re just going to start. We’re just going to start making it. So I got together with a bunch of like-minded individuals, there was probably 4 or 5 of us, because there were just so many Fable fans in the office so it’s really easy to pick up more people. So we started with 4 or 5, got a little game plan together, what are we going to start with, how are we going to display it? 5 became 10, 10 became 15. Before I knew it we had 25 people working late nights and weekends, because obviously during the day we’re doing our actual work.

And Creative Day comes around and we’ve got a demo, a trailer, a presentation, and Phil Harrison came to join us for the day and yeah, we showed it to the whole company. It was a really really inspiring day. Obviously there were other projects you may or may not see in the future, but Creative Day is just so exciting in that respect: you just never know what’s going to come out of it. Obviously Fable Heroes came out of it in, what, 2011? So yeah, it went down really really well and we actually officially started saying, "Yeah, we need to get this into motion," and very quickly we were working on it. Phil Spencer actually popped over this morning to see Fable Anniversary.I actually missed him because I was chatting with one of the journalists at the time, but he seemed really receptive, especially on the SmartGlass front.

What kind of challenges did the team face in locating the original Fable's game assets?

It was a nightmare. It turns out that 2004 was a year where we weren’t very at archiving things. So we have everything, it’s all there, but it’s just a case of finding it. So that was where, if you listen to the Major Nelson podcast, we found the monkey concept art for example. It’s really just a case of patience and persistence. It was the same as when we wanted to try to find an original Xbox developer's build and again, just persistence. I think it took us about 4 months and in the end we found it an the attic of our Creative Director. So it is possible to find these things, you just got to do digging and raid people’s houses.

How much of the original Fable team are still there at Lionhead and what role have they played in any way to give some direction or guidance on Fable Anniversary?

So, I was a tester on the original Fable, for anyone who didn’t know. And the original Fable team, I’m trying to think of how big it was, it was probably around 40 to 50 people. Which is about 10 of us still left, so yeah a 20%, which isn’t bad for 10 years, by any sense. But also on top of that we have a lot of people that are obviously from Fable II and Fable III and that percentage goes higher the closer you get to now, so it’s really a case of us showing them the game and saying to them “Hey, what do you think of this.” We haven’t utilized them massively, because we have just such massive Fable fans on the team anyway, but over the next few months I can imagine utilizing them a lot. You know, play testing especially. There’s a guy called Ian Faichnie and he was one of the artists, the same as a guy called Mark Smart. We are going to be using them a lot I imagine and just saying like “What do you think of this? What do you think of that?” But James Vale, the art director on Fable Anniversary worked on Fable III, so he has a great knowledge of all things Fable. So it’s in hands. Regardless of which Fable people worked on, we’re all Fable fans at the end of the day, so that’s great.

So how big is the team that is working on Fable Anniversary?

We have way too many artists to count; I couldn’t give you an answer. We have a bunch of designers for which I’m obviously overseeing that aspect of things. A whole bunch of programmers making sure that obviously all the graphical side of things are being brought up-to-date and they’re handling a lot of that. Obviously Craig Oman is running the production side of making sure we hit our deadlines and that we meet our goals. And then we got Jenny Peers, she’s working really hard on all of the 2D art. She’s pretty much doing it on her own which is a huge task.

She worked on Fable: The Journey, right?

She worked on Fable: The Journey, yes. And again, it’s a great opportunity for us to reuse Unreal, because they use the same user interface software and she also did all of these great pins that hopefully you guys will be wearing sometime soon. Yeah, it’s a great little team really. Well, it’s not little, but we’re just enjoying working on it, you know? And Jenny and Jim and Craig, they didn’t work on the original games so for them it’s just as exciting as it is for me to go back to it and we’re all playing it and yeah, Craig has said to me a few times “Are you playing this game too much?" And I’ve probably played the game more than anyone else and I still don’t get bored of it. So it’s great, fun.

So when working on Fable Anniversary and going deep into the code or working with textures and so forth, looking at it now in 2013 how do you feel the game has aged over time?

So age is a really question, because it’s amazing how well your memories cloud actually what the game was, right? And when we have shown, as I mentioned in my previous answer, the artist that worked on Fable TLC, their immediate reaction to Fable Anniversary is, “Aw, it looks just how I remember it!” And then when we showed them the remake and they just put their head in their hands and they’re just like, “Oh god…it looked like that?”

So when we go back to look at the things, I played through the entire game multiple times last year, just to get an idea of what do I not like? What hasn’t aged well? And really, it’s the control scheme. I think we did a much better job with Fable II and Fable III given that they've got very similar combat mechanics. Save game system: awful. That’s all that needs to be said about that. Load times were a little bit on the long side, so we’ve really tried to bring them down. Our ambition is to have 1 second. The programming team were like “What’s the design for the load screen?” I was like, “What load screen?” That’s kind of the way we’re looking at it. I mean, who knows? There might have to be a load screen at some point, but right now they’re around three second load times and we’re going to try to bring that down as much as possible, because the ambition is it’s a seamless world.

Let's see, what else sucked? I mean really, Fable TLC hasn’t aged that badly. It’s a fun game and that’s the hard part done, right? We created a really game back in 2004 and we’re taking that really game and I guess one of the hard parts now is making sure we don’t break anything, you know? It’s important that people feel like it’s Fable TLC and for me it’s mission accomplished if someone comes up to me, like you guys, and says, “Aw man, that feels just like how I remember it!” Perfect. That’s exactly what I’m looking for.

In terms of the Unreal engine and the game's graphics, what would you say is the biggest night and day difference between Fable: TLC and Fable Anniversary?

I think the biggest night and day change, funnily enough, involves night and day. Because with Unreal it gives us a whole new lighting system. It’s amazing just how much of a change comes from just lighting, having dynamic torches that flicker and fire, bonfires that have lovely particle effects coming off them and they’re all glowing in the night and when you run into Knothole Glade for the first time and you got the god rays from the sun coming through the trees and there’s this dappled shadow on the ground. I mean that, that for me, is the single biggest change in terms of graphics. And it’s funny because you take light for granted, right? It’s just there, but when you actually start to see what the artists can do with that lighting then you've got the time of day changing around and it’s just amazing to watch it all come together.

So is the game still based on hopping from one region to the next?

Yeah, regions are all the same. We wanted to keep the same content. When you think about Fable TLC, lots of people have certain memories of certain quests or of certain regions. So we didn’t want to damage all of that, but of course they are all visually upgraded; all of the artwork, the meshes, the textures, the sound. I don't think think that’s something I touched upon yet, but all of the sound is now in Dolby Surround Sound 5.1, which is amazing. Russel Shaw worked on the original soundtrack and he's still at Lionhead. He’s remastered all of the tracks, so that when players play at home it’s just going to sound more amazing than ever.

Any chances of a soundtrack re-release?

Who knows? I mean, you know we love releasing soundtracks and I think we have for almost every project, I think Fable: The Journey might be the only exception. So, we’ve definitely got a huge back catalog of music and I absolutely would love to re-release it so, I think the biggest question is, how? And you know for me, I’d just like to put it out there for free, but then you never know, maybe that’s something we can attach it to. I’ll leave it at that.

On a similar topic, what are the chances of a collector's edition? Additionally, is there any chance for a Fable bundle?

Ah, ok. So, that’s cool and it’s a really question. And I will answer it. *laughing* So, I’m a massive fan of Fable as I hope you guys know and I also have a huge collector’s edition collection at home. I buy everything collectors, right? Even the recent games like Bioshock Infinite with a huge dragon thing, so it is really important to me and I think that the Fable III collector’s edition was actually one of the best collector’s edition of this generation. I hope it’s ok to say that and it’s not too biased, but I was genuinely really happy with it and I promise you it’s not because I did the unboxing. But when we started talking about Fable Anniversary, there is a huge collector’s feel about the game. It is nostalgic, it’s a fan favorite, and we do want to deliver something. I can’t say what it is just yet, but when it comes to the game and also importantly the strategy guide we’re actively looking into how can we make something collectible for the dedicated Fable fan and looking at what they want. Price point is also very important. We don’t want to create something that’s gonna be a thousand dollars, right? It’s got to be a really price point, it’s got to be a really high quality, and if we can create both of those then obviously we’ll deliver it to you guys later in the year.

The community will certainly keep their eyes open! So talk to us about SmartGlass. What’s got you excited about SmartGlass in terms of Fable Anniversary and what are some of the things you’re packing into SmartGlass?

So I think that SmartGlass is the greatest thing ever, being completely honest with you. When I saw it announced, I think it was at E3 2011, my instinct was, "Oh my god, I want to make something with SmartGlass." It’s just a really cool piece of technology. Everyone these days has some kind of smart device, right? My mom has a device, you know? It’s just that’s the era we live in and the idea that you can be playing a video game and that you have a companion in your hand, which is a map, or it’s a book, or it shows you original imagery or concept art or things like that, I just think it’s so awesome and that’s the area that I think my role as a designer is really gonna be crucial to the project and I want to create something that hasn’t been done before with SmartGlass. We’re working very closely with the SmartGlass team and we’re also working very close with Prima, the guys that make the strategy guide for us, and I really want to deliver on the promise that when you play Fable Anniversary at home it will be better with SmartGlass. That’s really key to me and I want to try to get that across to anyone who wants to pick up Fable Anniversary.

As far as community goes, a Fable remake has been one of the most unanimous requests for over the past 8+ years. What role does community requests and even feature requests have in the day-to-day of Lionhead. If the team gathers in a meeting room does anyone ever say, “Hey, I saw this on the forums the other day and it’s an idea we might want to look at.” How often does that happen?

So when I started concepting the teaser trailer the first thought is the community and that was where the idea of showing tweets from the community came from, right? We want to get across that we have listened to you guys, you know? We don’t ignore you. We’re there often, silently, reading about what you’re saying, listening to your thoughts on things. So once I did the concept I showed it to one of our are very talented designers at Lionhead, Lewis, and I was like, “I don’t have the greatest video editing skills in the world, can you turn this really crappy concept into something awesome?” And let’s be fair, I think he totally nailed it with that teaser trailer and the fact that those tweets are genuine tweets that we received from fans. I loved that a couple of the fans who actually wrote those tweets initially have noticed that they were in the trailer and they’ve messaged us saying, “Oh my god, it’s so cool to be in a Lionhead trailer!”

So yeah, for Fable Anniversary we’re definitely giving something back. It is something, like you say, that the fans have demanded for so long. It’s a fan favorite title of ours and we love the game ourselves. Lots of the decision making with Fable Anniversary is with the fans in mind. I’ve got to always make sure that sure, we do have to bring new people into the franchise and we do want to obviously introduce people to Fable for the first time, but none of those decisions should be made against what the desires and wants of the community are, because they are buying this for nostalgic reasons that they are remembering.

In regards to some of our other projects, especially when we do things like DLC, historically in the past we release the game and then we start working on DLC and we read through the forums. You know, what are guys talking about, what do they want to see next? It doesn’t always result in something, but a lot of times...let me try to think of an example. I think at the end of Fable II we saw a few threads pop up about how much they loved the arena and so, “Oh, we should make a coliseum. You know, another one where people get to do it all over again with different creeps and different enemies.” So, it totally does make sense to listen to the community, just as much as it’s important to listen to reviewers, you know? I read reviews of every single game I’ve ever worked on, but whether they are or bad, you learn something important from every single one of them.

When we casually chatted the other night you mentioned something you're referring to as Lionhead 2.0. I was curious what kind of culture changes have there been in the workplace and where Lionhead is heading in the future. In short, what is Lionhead 2.0 exactly?

What is Lionhead 2.0? The way that I see it, it is the rebirth. This time it’s not about one individual. And that’s no discredit to Peter in any way, but obviously Lionhead 1.0 was very much Peter Molyneux’s company. We create his games and he’s our leader and he’s our spokesperson. I think with Lionhead 2.0, one of the biggest things is that it’s going to be about the team and it’s about all working together, all having a voice, all having a say and creating the games that we want to create and I think that’s a really exciting prospect for the future of the studio given that we’re all massive Fable fans and fans of other games. We’re working on so many different projects right now, or let’s say incubation projects as we call them. You guys might be surprised with what we come up with in the future.

But, in terms of culture, I wouldn’t say it’s actually changed that much and if it has changed it’s changed for the better. When we had Scott Henson come in as an interim studio head and then followed by John Needham, they were both on the same wave length with a lot of ideas. We’re currently heavily looking into redecorating the office and we’re doing a lot more social events as a company as I’m sure you guys have seen on the Lionhead blog and, you know, we should have downtime. We’ve worked so hard. With Fable III I really didn’t go home when we were developing the title and it’s nice that we now have this culture where by it’s like, “Hey guys, we should go go-karting on the weekend, or we should play poker.” Because it does freshen you up. You come in the next week and you feel refreshed and you’re not as tired. So I think the ultimate result of Lionhead 2.0 is we will make better games and they will be the ones that fans want and that’s the way that I see the future of Lionhead.

Fable: The Journey and Fable Anniversary both use the Unreal engine. Is that kind of the direction Lionhead will be going with future titles?

The great thing with Unreal is how quickly you can iterate stuff. When we were working on Fable II and Fable III, we were developing the tools at the same time as the game and that proved really difficult because tools break as they’re being developed and then you don’t work on the game for days or weeks because you can’t. I wouldn’t say Unreal defines our future direction. It’s definitely been really useful for Fable:The Journey and Fable Anniversary. I guess whenever we announce future titles we’ll probably, you know, we’re pretty open with the toolsets we use. We’ve always said when we were working on Fable II and Fable III, this is with the Fable Engine which is what we were using at the time. When we started on Fable: The Journey it was like, “We’re using Unreal.” Again, with Fable Anniversary we’re saying, “Yeah, it’s using Unreal.” I can’t see why we wouldn’t be open about it in the future either.

As for lore in the Fable franchise, people are wondering if you are going to add in any books or edit any existing books to dive deeper into the lore to set up Fable II and the later games.

If we get a chance to look into things like DLC, totally. I’d want some of the weapons to show progression into the future and set the tone for Fable II and Fable III. On the book front I will say that SmartGlass is going to be the place to go for that kind of stuff, because SmartGlass allows us to add extra content without breaking or damaging the purity of the original game. You might have seen it in the SmartGlass content I showed you today. If you click on Twin Blade when you’re fighting him, in the SmartGlass app, it gives you some extra background story about him and it shows you what he looked like 10 years ago. I think SmartGlass is going to be my real focus for that kind of stuff, because I think it’s a great opportunity to provide players with that additional content that they crave.

This is a very specific question from the forums, but in the original game there was an exploit to get silver keys by using the Hero save in the middle of a quest and then re-loading. Has that been patched?

Okay, it’ll be fixed, that exploit will no longer exist, but let me explain the reasons why. When we started this game, this project, I didn’t go through the game and look at all the exploits and try to fix them. As I mentioned, I went through the whole game and looked for areas of weakness and where the game wasn’t and one of those did involve the save system. So with the new save system the Hero save doesn’t exist because the Hero save was rubbish. For example, if you started the Hobbe cave, you worked all the way down to the boy in the nymph chamber right at the bottom and worked all the way up, and die in the last chamber. The Hero save in the old system would take you all the way back to the start.

Now if anyone remembers the Hobbe cave, that’s a 45 minute quest, right? And it's crap (I’m happy to swear. Well, crap's not really swearing but you know, whatever.) And now what we want to try to do is when we get to the new save system the way that the design works is you can save at any point, right? There’s no such thing as a Hero save. Every chamber you go into we make a new checkpoint. So that means when you work your way down to the boy and you work your way back up again, if you die you can just reload your last checkpoint and maximum you’re going to lose 30 seconds or a minute, right? Which is brilliant and I think that sure, there was this silver key exploit. I’m sure there are people out there that use it, but the other 99 percent of the players are going to have so much of a better experience because of this new save system and I think, I hope anyway, that the fans appreciate that sometimes these things do have to change and will ultimately be for the better but that tiny little exploit, you know, just find the damn silver keys.

SmartGlass will help them out in that respect, you know if they want to find the silver keys. SmartGlass is there to give them a hand. Yeah, there were quite a lot of exploits in the Hero save system, but I’m not going through the game to fix exploits. We’re just taking areas that are weak and improving them and if that does fix an exploit, sorry to the person that that affects, but I think it’s for the overall .

How much has the actual user interface changed?

It’s wiping it off the face of the planet and rebuilding the entire thing. I think for anyone that played Fable: TLC, the interface was clunky at best. It was very slow to open when you were navigating through it, it didn’t look particularly nice, it was slow, and big, and bleh! So when we started work on Fable Anniversary one of the biggest things, and again it was in my original one page design document, about what are the high level things we can address? It was the user interface.

So Jenny, our 2D artist, had loads of experience working on the Fable: The Journey user interface. So we took that experience with her on the toolset and her and I sat down and went through the whole user interface in Fable: TLC. It’s huge. I made this huge video of all the different ways it can branch off and by the end of it we just had this massive video document just full of different screens and unique assets and yeah, it was crazy. So now we’ve got this lovely interface that I think is really slick and we used the shoulder buttons and triggers to sort of move and flick around really easily, so navigation is really quick and I think that’s really important that when you’re actually playing the game, if you want to change your weapon you can get there really really quickly and the same goes for potions or whatever. In regards to the HUD, the quick menu has always been very useful so again we still have the quick menu where you can touch up and go, bam, bam, bam to get to the potion or object or item that you need. And then when it comes to the actual health bars and stuff we’re looking at making them context sensitive, so if you’ve got full health and you’re not in combat why don’t we just fade it away, why do we need it up all the time? Or you know, that’s the area that we can make a lot of improvements is actually making the UI and HUD clever.

Speaking of the health, will the guildmaster’s health low notification come up as often?

So, the guild master is annoying, but for anyone who remembers Fable: The Lost Chapters, there was an option to turn him off. So that option will still be there. We’re not changing that and like I said, because we’re using The Lost Chapter's content that’s just the way it already is. In terms of the actual balancing, which seems like that was the second part of that question, we really don’t want to change the balancing of Fable: The Lost Chapters in this case, because it feels like it would go against the game. I’m not saying if there’s any areas that feel particularly off, sure we might look into them, but again it’s just that I want the game to remain pure. I want the game to feel like I remember it 10 years ago.

Sure, absolutely. Alright, so would I be correct in assuming that because of the complexity of the Fable engine versus Halo: Anniversary there won’t be any switching?

There won’t be any switching, but again this is where we’re using SmartGlass. SmartGlass allows you to look at screenshots of the original game in the region that you’re in. So again, check out SmartGlass because it’s great that you can actually hold up SmartGlass to your screen with the Fable: TLC screenshot and actually see it side by side, you know? And that’s, Halo was amazing don’t get me wrong, but it’s something Halo didn’t offer because you had to switch between the two. With SmartGlass, we actually allow you to hold it up and visually compare the two together so I think that’s a really exciting option for people to play at home.

Awesome, sounds pretty snazzy. So some folks in the community had expected someone from Lionhead to take the stage at E3 and announce a new game. Naturally, the focus today is Fable Anniversary and we don't want to distract from that, but what’s in store for the future and is there any tentative time frames for an announcement?

Sure. So we’re trying now to take the attitude that’s part of Lionhead 2.0 of showing things when they are ready and that goes against Lionhead’s history. I totally understand and because of that I can understand the frustration that fans have, because they are so used to us just going like five years before the game comes out, “Hey look guys, here’s Fable 1!” and then they have to wait forever and they have to be told about every single design change and iteration and at the end they say, “Hey, this isn’t what you promised!”

So you know, we want to obviously still be open with you guys, but we want to make sure that when we do announce stuff that we understand what it is we’re making and we know what we want to achieve from it. So I know it’s frustrating and don’t get me wrong, I feel the exact same way about other developers. Because, you know, I’m a gamer. I want to know all the games that are being developed. Just the fact that I saw the Master Chief in the E3 briefing I was like, “Oh my god, Halo 5!” But they didn’t say it was Halo 5, they just teased it and I think that’s really, really nice. I think that’s a great way of doing things. So the future of Lionhead is very much going to be that we will show things when we’re really happy with them and I’m sorry to the fans that were really hoping that we were going to be up on the stage, but I hope they’re still happy that Fable Anniversary is here. We’re showing it off for the first time and it’s the first ever hands-on. So we haven’t shown anything that’s coming next and I just hope they look forward to Fable Anniversary in the meantime to keep them happy.

So these next two questions are actually the two most common questions we've seen in the community?

*Ted laughs* PC?

*chuckling* That’s actually the second question. Anyhow, I realize you want to keep the original core of the game present, but as far as new content goes, some of the examples the community gave were things such as the dyes, gargoyles/gnomes or even the sex change potion (which I imagine would be difficult with pre-recorded dialogue as everyone says “he” everywhere) but as far as things like that goes what areas, if any, are you considering adding in additional content?

That’s a very question. One of the things we focused on when we started was how do we keep the game pure for the purists? I know there is going to be people out there who want new story, new quests. You know, all this cool new stuff, and don’t get me wrong, I want that too. But there’s also going to be a lot of people who just want to replay Fable: The Lost Chapters as it was in 2004/2005 but with this amazing overhaul across the board. So it’s a very difficult question to answer, because right now our primary goal is to remaster Fable: The Lost Chapters. Once we’ve done that I would love to look into DLC.

You know, there’s no plans right now, but I don’t know about you guys, but I want to dress up as Jack of Blades and the only way I can do that is by having that outfit in the game. Then you start to think if I can dress up as Jack of Blades, can I dress up as Thunder or start dressing up as characters. Can we have new armor, can we have new weapons? And you just have to go, yes, yes, come on I want that! So we want it, but we’re not doing it right now. Again, DLC, we’ve done it before. It’s very easy to add, so hopefully if everything goes well with the development of the game and it sells well and you guys love it and you want more, we’ll take a look into it.

We’re nearing the light at the end of the tunnel, I promise.

Oh cool, we’re nearing the PC question.

Yes indeed! So is there a possibility of a PC edition of Fable Anniversary any time in the future?

...in my head I’m just trying to work out how to answer without being a screaming fanboy of “I want it, oh my god I want a PC version!” I would like a PC version of Fable Anniversary, however it’s obviously not that easy. You can’t just conjure up a PC version, but at Lionhead we do appreciate that there are a lot of people out there that got brought into the Fable franchise via Fable: The Lost Chapters on the PC 10 years ago. So again, I hope it’s one of those things that the community understands that we have heard them and again, for the record, we feel the same. You know, we’re pc gamers just as much as we are console gamers. We don’t have anything to announce but that’s not to say when we get to projects and we look into, you know, is DLC possible? That would be the time when we are also looking into is the PC version possible. So I wouldn’t rule it out, but at the same time I wouldn’t rule it in. It’s definitely one of those things that in summary: we’ve heard you, keep your eyes peeled, because we want it too.

I think one thing PC gamers must also be frustrated at is that there’s no Fable II on PC, right? And that when we did release Fable: The Lost Chapters we released it on the PC and then with Fable II we just never got the chance and then when we got around to Fable III we did have the time to execute a PC version so, just as much as the fans want a Fable Anniversary on PC I’m sure there are people out there that also want Fable II on the PC and that makes the job twice as hard because you’ve got to take two separate projects and put them onto the same platform. But again, you know there’s a desire from people at the studio to make this possible.

We just have to work out how we do it and how we deliver it and how much time in the investment we take away from other projects to make these ones happen. Is it better for the fans that we don’t do it and we focus all of our minds on whatever’s coming next, or is it better for the fans that we take some of those resources away from those projects and we give them to Fable Anniversary and Fable II on the PC. So it’s an ongoing discussion and the thing is from a fan perspective, either way they’re going to be happy, because the resources that might have been spent on a PC version will be spent on whatever comes next and if we don’t spend those resources on whatever comes next, we’ll spend them on a PC version so it’s just about finding that balance and at the end of the day fans will rejoice.

Last question. Is there going to be an acorn in Fable Anniversary?

That’s really interesting. I find the acorn hilarious as well, and it ties back to one of the last questions about not revealing stuff too early and the acorn is the prime example, right? Something that makes everyone laugh. I’d love to do something with it, but I’m not going to talk about it because then I end up making promises I can’t deliver so, I think in some way or another we will have some fun with it, even if it’s really small, the irony being that an acorn is small. But yeah, I just don’t want to promise anything, but we’re fully aware that the acorn, and the sandgoose to some extent, and the singing sword...if you go back and read all the previews, and I’ve done this, I went back and reread previews from 2001/2002 when it was still Project Ego...yeah, we’re going to have fun with stuff, that’s for sure!

http://thedeadhamster.com/community...and-Lionhead-2-0-AnInterview-With-Ted-Timmins

Holy Shit, wurde das schon gepostet? Gibt ja schon seit längerem Gameplay zu sehen, bin grad durch Zufall erst auf YT drauf gestoßen. :nerd:

[video=youtube;24SUEkQ9CEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24SUEkQ9CEs[/video]

Sieht richtig geil aus! :goodwork: Sieht immernoch mega nach Fable 1 aus, aber viel, viel hübscher. :awesome:

Freu mich richti drauf. :D Gameplay geht so ab ca 3 Min. los.

von jumper

[video=youtube;r_FVuXqJQko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_FVuXqJQko#t=120[/video]

Das gezeigte Gameplaymaterial hebt sich kaum vom eigentlichen Spiel ab. Nur Screenshots sehen gut aus. Währe sicherlich auch auf der 360 möglich.

Zurück
Top Bottom