10. “Hood Politics”
11. “How Much a Dollar Cost”
12. “Complexion”
13. “The Blacker the Berry”
14. “You Ain’t Gotta Lie (Momma Said)”
15. “i”
16. “Mortal Man”

Und noch ne Zusatzinfo vom RollingStone Magazin:
In our cover story, Lamar revealed that free jazz, 1970s funk, Miles Davis and Parliament were the main inspirations behind To Pimp a Butterfly's beats. "Every producer I've ever met was sending me stuff — but there was a one-in-a-million chance you could send us a beat that actually fit what we were doing," Digi+Phonics producer Mark "Sounwave" Spears told Rolling Stone.

Sweet.

Kendrick hat sich für nen early release entschieden. Album ist jetzt auf iTunes erhältlich. Gleich mal reinhören.

Amazon soll schnell nachziehen!
iTunes ist der größte Dreck ever.

Vom Album selber weiß ich nicht was ich erwarten soll.
Nach Section 80. und Good Kid Maad City kann es doch nicht wieder so verdammt genial werden

Amazon soll schnell nachziehen!
iTunes ist der größte Dreck ever.

Vom Album selber weiß ich nicht was ich erwarten soll.
Nach Section 80. und Good Kid Maad City kann es doch nicht wieder so verdammt genial werden

Es ist auch schon auf Spotify. Da werde ich es mir anhören bis es dann bei Amazon verfügbar wird.

Da braucht man aber ein Abo oder?
Für die 5 Alben die ich im Jahr kaufen brauche ich kein Abo abschließen ;)

Nein, spotify kann man auch kostenlos nutzen. Nur kommt dann nach ein paar Songs immer mal wieder kurz 20 Sekunden Werbung zwischen. Das Abo braucht man nur damit die Werbung weg ist und für ein paar Extra-Features. Zum Musik sammeln und hören und als Player ist die kostenlose Variante vollkommen ok. Man kann dort auch seine offline Bibliothek aufm Rechner anzeigen und abspielen lassen.

Runterladen und testen schadet nix. Gibt keine Abo-Falle oder dergleichen. Einfach nicht Premium abonnieren.

Solange du die Sachen nicht offline hören willst und du kein Problem mit Werbung hast brauchst du kein Abo nein.

Nein, spotify kann man auch kostenlos nutzen. Nur kommt dann nach ein paar Songs immer mal wieder kurz 20 Sekunden Werbung zwischen. Das Abo braucht man nur damit die Werbung weg ist und für ein paar Extra-Features. Zum Musik sammeln und hören und als Player ist die kostenlose Variante vollkommen ok. Man kann dort auch seine offline Bibliothek aufm Rechner anzeigen und abspielen lassen.

Runterladen und testen schadet nix. Gibt keine Abo-Falle oder dergleichen. Einfach nicht Premium abonnieren.

Danke euch beiden.
Habe es jetzt schon auf dem Tablet und höre auch schon rein.

Bisher hört es sich anders an als die Vorgänger. Muss ja nichts schlechtes sein, bin aber auch erst bei Song 3 :lol:

So, habe es nun 4-5 mal durchgehört. Gefällt mir sehr gut. Wie die letzten Tage erwartet ist es bis auf 2-3 Lieder kein Album zum richtig mitgehen. Dafür ist es 1. zu nachdenklich und 2. geben es die sehr jazzlastigen Beats kaum her. Wer also auf Partymusik oder richtige Banger für das Auto gehofft hat, der wird enttäuscht.

Ich finds insgesamt sehr gelungen und ein schöner Schlag in die Fresse derer, die meinten Kendrick würde nun nur noch Chartmusik machen.

Vom Klang her ist da vieles drin. Es geht imo ein wenig Richtung Section 80, erinnert manchmal an Outkast (Love Below?). In den Texten steckt wohl auch noch viel mehr drin als ich bei den ersten paar Mal rausgehört habe / heraushören konnte. Außerdem zeigt auch Kendrick verschiedene Styles und Flows.

Meine Favoriten sind bisher:

Wesley's Theory
King Kunta
These Walls
Alright
Hood Politics
You Ain't Gotta Lie
Mortal Man

Der einzige Track der mir beim mehrmaligen Hören dann zu anstrengend wurde ist "u" :p

Ansonsten, Top. King Kendrick :win:

P.S.: Ein wenig Doggystyle is wohl auch drin.

Edit: Achja und "i" scheint ne Live (?) Version mit leicht geändertem Text zu sein. Er sagt "the world is a ghetto" glaub nicht mehr.

Edit2:

Am Ende von Mortal Man führt Kendrick einen Dialog mit 2Pac. Die Aufnahmen sind aus nem 1994er Interview von Pac.

Die beiden philosophieren dann, wie es mit den Schwarzen weitergehen wird. Ziemlich tiefgründiges Zeug:

[Outro: Kendrick Lamar & 2Pac]
[Kendrick Lamar]
"I remember you was conflicted
Misusing your influence
Sometimes I did the same
Abusing my power, full of resentment
Resentment that turned into a deep depression
Found myself screaming in the hotel room
I didn’t wanna self destruct
The evils of Lucy was all around me
So I went running for answers
Until I came home
But that didn’t stop survivor’s guilt
Going back and forth trying to convince myself the stripes I earned
Or maybe how A-1 my foundation was
But while my loved ones was fighting the continuous war back in the city, I was entering a new one
A war that was based on apartheid and discrimination
Made me wanna go back to the city and tell the homies what I learned
The word was respect
Just because you wore a different gang colour than mine's
Doesn’t mean I can’t respect you as a black man
Forgetting all the pain and hurt we caused each other in these streets
If I respect you, we unify and stop the enemy from killing us
But I don’t know, I’m no mortal man, maybe I’m just another nigga”

Shit and that’s all I wrote
I was gonna call another nigga but, it ain’t really a poem, I just felt like it’s something you probably could relate to. Other than that, now that I finally got a chance to holla at you, I always wanted to ask you about a certain situa--, about a metaphor actually, you spoke on the ground. What you mean ‘bout that, what the ground represent?

[2Pac]
The ground is gonna open up and swallow the evil

[Kendrick Lamar]
Right

[2Pac]
That’s how I see it, my word is bond. I see and the ground is the symbol for the poor people, the poor people is gonna open up this whole world and swallow up the rich people. Cause the rich people gonna be so fat, they gonna be so appetising, you know what I’m saying, wealthy, appetising. The poor gonna be so poor and hungry, you know what I’m saying it’s gonna be like… there might be some cannibalism out this mutha, they might eat the rich

[Kendrick Lamar]
Aight so let me ask you this then, do you see yourself as somebody that’s rich or somebody that made the best of their own opportunities?

[2Pac]
I see myself as a natural born hustler, a true hustler in every sense of the word. I took nothin’, I took the opportunities, I worked at the most menial and degrading job and built myself up so I could get it to where I owned it. I went from having somebody manage me to me hiring the person that works my management company. I changed everything I realised my destiny in a matter of five years you know what I’m saying I made myself a millionaire. I made millions for a lot of people now it’s time to make millions for myself, you know what I’m saying. I made millions for the record companies, I made millions for these movie companies, now I make millions for us

[Kendrick Lamar]
And through your different avenues of success, how would you say you managed to keep a level of sanity?

[2Pac]
By my faith in God, by my faith in the game, and by my faith in all good things come to those that stay true. You know what I’m saying, and it was happening to me for a reason, you know what I’m saying, I was noticing, shit, I was punching the right buttons and it was happening. So it’s no problem, you know I mean it’s a problem but I’m not finna let them know. I’m finna go straight through

[Kendrick Lamar]
Would you consider yourself a fighter at heart or somebody that only reacts when they back is against the wall?

[2Pac]
Shit, I like to think that at every opportunity I’ve ever been threatened with resistance it’s been met with resistance. And not only me but it goes down my family tree. You know what I’m saying, it’s in my veins to fight back

[Kendrick Lamar]
Aight well, how long you think it take before niggas be like, we fighting a war, I’m fighting a war I can’t win and I wanna lay it all down

[2Pac]
In this country a black man only have like 5 years we can exhibit maximum strength, and that’s right now while you a teenager, while you still strong or while you still wanna lift weights, while you still wanna shoot back. Cause once you turn 30 it’s like they take the heart and soul out of a man, out of a black man in this country. And you don’t wanna fight no more. And if you don’t believe me you can look around, you don’t see no loud mouth 30-year old muthafuckas

[Kendrick Lamar]
That’s crazy, because me being one of your offspring of the legacy you left behind I can truly tell you that there’s nothing but turmoil goin’ on so I wanted to ask you what you think is the future for me and my generation today?

[2Pac]
Shit, I think that niggas is tired-a grabbin' shit out the stores and next time it’s a riot there’s gonna be bloodshed for real. I don’t think America can know that. I think American think we was just playing and it’s gonna be some more playing but it ain’t gonna be no playing. It’s gonna be murder, you know what I’m saying, it’s gonna be like Nat Turner, 1831, up in this muthafucka. You know what I’m saying, it’s gonna happen

[Kendrick Lamar]
That’s crazy man. In my opinion, only hope that we kinda have left is music and vibrations, lotta people don’t understand how important it is. Sometimes I be like, get behind a mic and I don’t know what type of energy I’mma push out, or where it comes from. Trip me out sometimes

[2Pac]
Because the spirits, we ain’t really rappin’, we just letting our dead homies tell stories for us

[Kendrick Lamar]
Damn

I wanted to read one last thing to you. It’s actually something a good friend had wrote describing my world. It says:

“The caterpillar is a prisoner to the streets that conceived it
Its only job is to eat or consume everything around it, in order to protect itself from this mad city
While consuming its environment the caterpillar begins to notice ways to survive
One thing it noticed is how much the world shuns him, but praises the butterfly
The butterfly represents the talent, the thoughtfulness, and the beauty within the caterpillar
But having a harsh outlook on life the caterpillar sees the butterfly as weak and figures out a way to pimp it to his own benefits
Already surrounded by this mad city the caterpillar goes to work on the cocoon which institutionalizes him
He can no longer see past his own thoughts
He’s trapped
When trapped inside these walls certain ideas start to take roots, such as going home, and bringing back new concepts to this mad city
The result?
Wings begin to emerge, breaking the cycle of feeling stagnant
Finally free, the butterfly sheds light on situations that the caterpillar never considered, ending the eternal struggle
Although the butterfly and caterpillar are completely different, they are one and the same."

What’s your perspective on that?
Pac, Pac, Pac

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Vor allem der Beat von "Alright" geht ja auch mal wieder in die richtige Richtung von Pharrell. Zumindest erinnert er mich eher an die alten Neptunes Beats als die G.I.R.L. Sachen.

Als ich gestern die Snippets über Kopfhörer gehört hab war das jedenfalls der Track bei dem ich die Lautstärke höher gedreht habe :p Banger

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Kendrick Lamar war noch nie so meins. Fand den auch ganz schön überhypet. Aber das neue Album gefällt mir eigentlich ganz gut.

Kann man auch schön am Stück durchhören. How much A Dollar cost gefällt mir jetzt spontan sehr gut. :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich kann schwer einzelne songs vom Album hören. Ich muss da immer von Vorne anfangen und durchhören. Ist jetzt positiv gemeint. Künstler machen heutzutage einfach Alben mehr weil es Alben sind. Die meisten einfach nur Mixtapes mit ein paar 30 Sekunden Skits dazwischen. Ich hab seit gestern keine andere Musik gehört. :nerd:

War bei mir mit Good Kid Maad City auch so.
Das musste man einfach am Stück hören.

Wenn ich dran denke wie ich zum ersten mal Hiipower oder Black Boy Fly gehört habe bekomme ich sofort eine Gänsehaut.

Kendrick ist echt schon was besonderes

Finde GKMC konnte man eher einzelne Lieder "rauspicken".

Naja hab auch auf dem neuen Album meine Favorites. Wesley's Theory und Mortal Man.

Eigtl. ist es aber schwer da groß was herauszuheben. Das Gesamtwerk passt einfach so gut.

[video=youtube;eU0gxS79ls8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU0gxS79ls8[/video]

hab mir das video ganz anders vorgestellt.

@kendrick's to pimp a butterfly
ich kanns mir nicht am stück geben,zu viele songs die mir nicht taugen.konzeptalbum hin oder her.man kann die platte für einige sachen wie zB die themen oder das soundbild schätzen,aber definitiv nich das beste was ich in letzter zeit gehört habe.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
[video=dailymotion;x2li742]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2li742_kendrick-lamar-king-kunta_music[/video]

Zurück
Top Bottom