PS4/Switch/PC Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

Kommt das Spiel auch als Retail Fassung oder wird es nur im E-Shop angeboten? Weiss man das schon?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Suda51 Talks No More Heroes And Apologizing To The Interpreter From The Switch Reveal

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...no-more-heroes-interpreter-switch-reveal.aspx

One thing that was surprising in the reveal during the Nindies video was that it doesn't seem like it's traditional No More Heroes gameplay. The focus is more on the retro games. Can you explain further how the gameplay works?

The No More Heroes franchise has typically been that Travis is an assassin and he's fighting other assassins. It's kind of like a fun slash 'em up kind of game. There will be parts like that in this game as well, but this new game is focusing mainly on Travis going further inside the [retro game system]. Inside the game, there are going to be six different games that Travis can enter into. As you said, they're kind of like retro style games. Each of those kind of retro style games has its own set of rules and I wanted to focus on how Travis would interact with the individual rules and the individual vibe from each game. So this time, the gameplay is going to be based on those six individual games and how Travis fights through those, and how he's able to get through them.

Can you discuss what kinds of retro games you'll be exploring in this?

We're still trying to keep it wrapped up with regards to what kinds of games will be in the game. One thing I can say is that there's going to be a game console called the Death Drive MK-II, and they use that console to go into the games. One of the games that I'm really looking forward to putting in is the sort of old-school vector scan type game where Travis goes directly into the game and he's basically playing his own vector scan game. That's one of the games I've been wanting to put in for a while, so that's one of the highlights of the six different retro games that you'll play. As far as the other ones, I can't really say yet.

Are you reaching out to other developers for help on genres you haven't worked on before?

I haven't really talked to anyone about that yet, but there will be several different genres within the game. For example, if we put in an RPG type game, I've never done an RPG myself. Also, I don't really have many friends who are RPG creators either, so when it comes to an RPG-type game, it could be a bit of a problem. "How do I do this? Who do I talk to?" I don't even know who to talk to. [laughs] So I haven't spoken to anyone yet, but it's probably going to come up in the future. I've got plenty of friends who make really violent-type games, but not really any that make RPGs, so I'm kind of in trouble there. [laughs]

With the game focusing so much on retro gameplay, which a lot people immediately associate with Nintendo's older systems, does that make the Switch the perfect fit for this new concept of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes?

While I’m making the new title with so many retro game elements, I’m sort of tracing along the history of video games. So when I grew up, I saw the vector scan games and I was really inspired by that sort of thing, so I was kind of going back and looking at those like, “This is how those games were made back in the day and this is how I’m going to make them now.” I’ve been looking at how Nintendo made games were made and how they’re made now and the differences between now and then. One thing that I’ve noticed is that over the years, Nintendo’s games have been really loved by people all over the world. One thing that I hope is that now that I’m bringing out a No More Heroes game on a brand new Nintendo platform is that some of that love with sort of rub off on No More Heroes because I’m bringing it out on a platform by a company that everyone loves and I can get some of those people to start loving the series as well. I’m really happy to be able to work so closely with a company that has so much history in video games and someone who has pretty much been around since the very beginning and really cares about and knows games.

Also doch ne Retro/Indie Games Collection?

Jein, ich verstehe es zumindest so, dass es klassische Kämpfe geben wird (vermutlich in der konsole) und man in der Konsolenwelt nach den 6 Spielen suchen muss ( scheinbar aber selbst entwickelte Spiele/Bereiche und man muss abwarten wie die aussehen.) Je mehr ich zum Spiel höre desto mehr verwirrt es mich. Eventuell wechselt man ja auch zwischen realer und Konsolenwelt hin und her, keine Ahnung.

soviel zum richtigen/echten nmh nachfolger :lol2:

About Travis Strikes Again not being NMH3:
So, the talk of sequels leads nicely into my next question. How exactly does this tie into No More Heroes 2? Obviously a lot of time has passed and Travis’ situation has changed a lot, but you just said it’s not quite a direct sequel. Will Travis Strikes Again address what’s been going on with Travis since the events of No More Heroes 2 or will this be more of a self contained story?

Well again, it’s not a direct sequel to No More Heroes 2, though they are directly related and take place in the same universe. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes takes place seven years after the events of No More Heroes 2. As you’ve probably noticed it’s “Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes”, so “No More Heroes” is more a subtitle, there’s not a number on it. This isn’t a direct sequel and it’s not No More Heroes 3, but it does address some of the things that happened in No More Heroes 1 and 2. While it is sort of a continuation of that stuff, it is not a direct sequel partially because No More Heroes is about one assassin against other assassins, and this isn’t like that. This isn’t exactly a spin-off, or something like that, and while it’s not a direct sequel it is something of a stepping stone on the road to No More Heroes 3. So the way I’d like people to think of this game is like the beginning of a new battle for Travis, a new series within the series.

So then there are intentions to follow up with a numbered sequel to this then?

Yeah. If this succeeds I definitely want to put out a 3 someday.

Connection with Let It Die:
So, this game console is the ‘Death Drive Mk. II’ and in Let It Die there was a console called the ‘Death Drive 128’, where the player was able to load up the game and go into the game world, so we kind of took the concept from that and applied it to this. The ‘Death Drive Mk. II’ is the predecessor to the ‘Death Drive 128’ from Let It Die, and again, the player puts the game in, turns on the console and gets sucked in, then they have to fight their way through there.

So this character here (At this point Suda points to a piece of concept art that we unfortunately aren’t able to post), is a character called Doctor Juvenile, who works for a company called ‘Hazure’ and she was the creator and designer of the ‘Death Drive Mk II’ and the ‘Death Drive 128’. So, the ‘Death Drive Mk. II’ has six games available for it, and she’s the designer/creator of all these games as well as the console. These are the games that Travis will be loading up on the console, going into and fighting his way through in Travis Strikes Again, anyway, that’s just sort of the backstory of where the console and these games came from.

Artist influence for Travis Strikes Again:
So last question: the style of No More Heroes is very distinctive. It’s always sort of mirrored Travis’ personality of very aggressive. I’m wondering what sort of influences there have been on the style since the last few games, and if there’s anything directly influencing the aesthetic and story of Travis Strikes Again?

There actually are a few things. These are characters in the game. There was this guy named Yusuke Kozaki who was the character designer, he designed Travis, and most of the characters up until now.
Probably the most major element I’ve been inspired by that actually had a big influence on the game is the UK artist Boneface. Boneface designed these two new characters with Yusuke Kozaki, and they’re sort of a collaborative effort between the two. (...)
Not only did we get Boneface to design these two characters and several others as well, but his art in general has definitely had an influence on my work over the last few years two. So I’d definitely say out of all of the things I’ve seen and heard out of the last few years the most influential would have to be Boneface.

http://videogamechoochoo.com/we-tal...gain-super-smash-bros-and-fire-pro-wrestling/

und damit bin ich wieder kaum schlauer, was dieses spiel sein wird.

gerade teil 1 war eigentlich ziemlich kurz, wenn da nicht die unnötige oberwelt gewesen wäre mit deren minispielzwang :ugly:

Scheinbar war das nur ein Stream von vielen. Diesmal war der einzige Unterschied das westliche Medien es aufgegriffen haben und deshalb es viele Wessis geschaut haben. Suda war scheinbar auch verwundert warum da so viel Englisch im Chat war.

Der neue Travis klingt eigentlich ganz gut und passend, können sie ruhig so lassen, wenn der alte VA zu gierig ist und meint sein Job ist so wichtig, dass der Millionen verdienen sollte.

Zurück
Top Bottom