Vita Soundshapes [Musik Plattformer]

Sasuke

L99: LIMIT BREAKER
Thread-Ersteller
Seit
12 Mai 2004
PSN
cw_sasuke
Erstes Video zu neuem Titel von Jon Mak (Everyday Shooter)

[video=youtube;yq_LSb6p6F0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq_LSb6p6F0[/video]
He describes it as a musical platformer, where every element in a level produces an element of music. He appears to say you can make and share songs/levels with other players. It's being published by Sony as a launch window title, apparently.

Ich finde das sehr interessant.

Pff, ich wollt dazu grad den Thread eröffnen! :coolface:

Bin mal gespannt wie die Preise für solche Titel aussehen werden.
Soll zwar nich abwertend klingen, aber solche Titel sollten schon sehr günstig im Store erscheinen.
Mal sehen, wieviel Einfluss die Smartphones auf PSN-Titel noch haben werden.

Da Everyday Shooter nen 8€-Titel war, wird Soundshapes auch ungefähr in der Preisregion anzusiedeln sein. Man war der Soundtrack geil von Everyday Shooter, hör ich mir heute immernoch gern an. :)

Mal ein Artikel aus der ars technica

Jonathan Mak was a busy man during the NGP preview event in Los Angeles. While higher profile games such as Uncharted were immediately impressive, word quickly spread to check out his rhythm game, and he found himself beset by the press. He was fine with it: the creator of Everyday Shooter was able to keep his enthusiasm and passion for the game through dozens of interviews, demos, and walkthroughs, even as his lunch rapidly cooled on the table.

Just like Everyday Shooter, this is a game that uses music as a hook to grab players, and in this case the setting is a platformer, not a twin-stick shooter. The results are just as impressive.

In the game, you control a circular blob that can stick to the walls and ceilings. Your job is to collect blocks throughout the levels and avoid the many obstacles. That's it: a platformer with simple graphics and simpler goals. There isn't much here that really shows off the new hardware. It is, however, a wonderful game, and that's more impressive than something with features that exist to serve the hardware, not the other way around.

When you collect a block, a new musical element is added to the game's score. Everything in the game moves to the same beat, so you can feel when a laser is about to fire, or when it's safe to move across an obstacle. As you collect the blocks and the music fills in, the game gets into your brain, sticking its hooks far into your reflexes. It's hard to communicate via screenshots because they look so basic, but the game simply feels good when you're playing it. You want to collect every block as the song gets more intricate and closer to completion.

"Some levels began as a song I had written, and some songs were written as I designed the level," Mak told me, describing the creation process.

The tools to create new levels will be included in the game, and the feel is more like a sequencer than a content-creation tool. You lay down beats, and hear how it sounds in real time. You can add different notes and effects, layer in platforms, and in seconds you have a level—along with a song. It's easy enough for anyone to use, and placing beats and platforms using the system's rear touch panel is effortless.

"Let me show you," Mak told me. He then whipped up a song, and invited me to do the same. In a few minutes I was comfortable with the controls, and I had something that I liked. Multiple rooms can be strung together to create longer levels, and you'll be able to name and upload your creations to share with the community.

"But it doesn't end there," he told me. "You can download someone else's song, and then remix it or add to it, and then re-upload it. And then someone can do the same thing with your version of the song. When you download a remix, you can trace it back to the original creator, it keeps all the information so you can trace the song through all the different versions."

It's a great idea: bringing the culture of the remix to video game level design.

There are already a few games for the NGP that look good, and one or two that look great. This is one of the latter‚ and it plays even better. You may find yourself wanting to buy an NGP just to play.

Das Ding wird wohl das, was Lumines für mich auf der PSP war. :) Werd mich wohl kaum vom Game losreißen können. Dann auch noch die vielen geilen Kreationen der Community auszuprobieren wird schon Hammer werden. :awesome:

War gestern eines meiner Vita Highlights. Es sieht sehr gut aus, der Sound ist super und es spielt sich echt gut. Die Idee, eigene Musik zu komponieren und daraus einen Level zu erstellen ist zudem echt genial. :D

Zwar keine neue News, aber ich fand das kurze Preview hier trotzdem ganz cool:
[video=youtube;LybMEm0t-WM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LybMEm0t-WM[/video]

Ich hoffe auf viele Musikstücke von Mak, find den Soundtrack des Games Everyday Shooter hammers. :)

Neues Gameplayvideo

[video=youtube;DgEDkukNX5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DgEDkukNX5M[/video]

Imo sollte der Titel nicht mehr als 10€ im PSN kosten, im Handel wird das Teil wohl floppen wenn es wirklich die 40€ kosten sollte :-/

wow ich glaub das wird mein vita kaufgrund :o

für nen electro freak wie mich genau das richtige :D

Kooperation mit Capybara Games (Superbrothers) bekanntgegeben.

AIS7H.jpg

hL9zn.jpg

S39Iq.jpg

8Owwe.jpg

58sQE.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/18/superbrothers-jim-guthrie-x-sound-shapes/

Neues Video zeigt Level-Editor:

[video=youtube;OvROz9ePi3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvROz9ePi3s[/video]

(Quelle: EU Playstation Blog)

12.99 Euro; Release im Playstation Store am 18. August 2012; PS3-Version kaufen, Vita-Version kostenfrei herunterladen und vice versa.

Ich hoffe, dass man die Community-Levels auf der PS3 herunterladen und sie dann auf die Vita übertragen kann. Sonst bräuchte man immer eine WiFi-Verbindung, die ich aber nicht besitze. :( Bin gespannt.

Nur 12,99€ ? Awesome... ich werds mir holen, kauft es sich noch wer ? Werd wohl keine Level erstellen trotz Vita, aber ihr dürft gerne cooles kreieren was ich dann ausprobiere :scan:

Ich hols mir auch.
Ob ich (mehrere) Level erstelle, hängt davon ab, wie der Editor ist.
In dem Vid siehts ja schonmal ordentlich aus.

Aber bei LBP gabs schon viele sehr gute Leute, die das drauf hatten.
Wird hier sicherlich auch so sein. :)

Auf Soundshapes und LBP Vita freue ich mich gerade am meisten, halt wegen dem ganzen User-generated content. Damit werde ich wohl erstmal ausgesorgt haben was 2D Plattformer angeht, NSMB 2 kommt ja auch bald. Sehr ordentlich - würde mir nur wünschen das Sony die Titel mehr pusht, hoffentlich gibt es eine Demo zum Launch.

hoffentlich gibt es eine Demo zum Launch.

Denke nicht, sonst wärs wohl schon angekündigt (in den USA erscheints ja auch schon am Dienstag).

EU-PS+ Member bekommen übringens auch 20% Rabatt für eine bestimmte Zeit auf das Spiel. :)

Don’t forget: Sound Shapes hits PS3 and PS Vita as a cross-play title on 15th August, and remember, you get both versions for one price! It’s €12.99/£9.99 (20% off for a limited time for PS Plus members) and the trophies are shared between versions too

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/01/sound-shapes-level-editor-and-trophies-take-centre-stage/

War bis vor Kurzem ja erst nur für US angekündigt.

Zurück
Top Bottom