J-Stars Victory Vs+

J-Stars Victory VS+ Producer: PS4 Version “Really Necessary;” Talks about Xbox One and Steam

J-Stars Victory VS+ will be released in the west for PS4 in addition to its original PS3 and PS Vita version. A few days ago I had the chance to have a chat with Producer Koji Nakajima, and I asked him the reason behind this decision:

The PS4 market has been really growing rapidly, more than we expected. As a developer and the producer of this game, I wanted to let as many people as possible to play this game, so I thought that it would be really necessary to release a PS4 version for the western audience.

I also asked him if there are any plans for an Xbox One or Steam versions, and while Nakajima-san mentioned that there are no plans for J-Stars Victory VS+, he recognized that those are still important markets, and will be considered for future games.

For J-stars we don’t really have any plans for Xbox One, but we do realize that the Xbox One market is really huge especially for overseas. So for any future titles, we definitely need to consider that platform as one of the biggest markets.

We don’t really have any plans for steam either, but our goal is to let as many users as possible to play these games. So if there’s demand for steam, of of course we need to consider it for future titles.

With Bandai Namco embracing the western market more and more, it’ll definitely be interesting to see what will happen platforms-wise. For now, one thing is for sure, the Tokyo-based producer is localizing a lot of titles that we’d have never imagined to play in English just a few years ago, and that can only be a good thing.

-Quelle

[video=youtube;BCfiV1yk63U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCfiV1yk63U[/video]

[video=youtube;C7EW4u4b8uw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7EW4u4b8uw[/video]

One Pice best mit Medaka :goodwork:

Wobei ich Hancock nicht so gut finde hier aber Ruffy ist echt klasse und wa sie alels eingebaut haben.

J-Stars Victory VS+ producer talks character selection process, new features

Bandai Namco has released a new video interview with J-Stars Victory VS+ producer Koji Nakajima, who discusses how the team selected which characters would represent Shonen Jump in the 20th anniversary fighting game, what updates to expect in the western release, and his favorite team combination.

Get the quotes below.

How did you go through the process of picking which characters were going to be in the game?

“Well, there are three components we considered when choosing the characters. First, we reflected the results of the popularity survey that was conducted by Shonen Jump magazine. Next, there are manga series that have already ended, so we made sure we had popular characters appear from them. Lastly, there were characters that haven’t made their way into anime or games yet, and we wanted everyone to play them, so we added those characters, too. So the character lineup was comprised based on these three components.

The game originally released as J-Stars Victory VS for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in Japan. We’re bringing it west as J-Stars Victory VS+ for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita. What’s different about the two versions?

“Well, in regards to bringing Victory VS+ to the U.S. and Europe, the big change we made was to make it on PlayStation 4. We also added an arcade mode, where you repeatedly fight challenging battles, and because we had time since the Japanese release, we also applied feedback from the Japanese version, and tweaked the battles, so the gameplay should be a lot better than before. Those three points are the major changes made to the game.”

What’s your favorite team combination?

“Well, with this many characters here, I like every one of them, but I guess my first choice would be Goku. He can transform into a Super Saiyan, becoming a very powerful character. For his partner, I’d like to recommend this guy here: Lucky Man, which I believe most of you may not know. This guy, Lucky Man, is like everyone else, a hero, but his main power is that he’s lucky, like the luckiest in the universe, and fights with only luck, making him a very unique character. I’d like everyone to see what kind of combos these two create with one being a powerful character, and the other, Lucky Man, simply fighting with luck on his side.”

Message to the Fans

“All the characters from Japan’s popular manga series come together in J-Stars Victory VS+ to conduct the battle of your dreams, so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone enjoy, firsthand, this festive and enjoyable title. Please look forward to it!”

And here’s the actual interview:

-Quelle

[video=youtube;XJB7FO2-5I8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJB7FO2-5I8[/video]

2 neue Videos

[video=youtube;hKyDOZpg3L0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKyDOZpg3L0[/video]

[video=youtube;E8OQoHrzHAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8OQoHrzHAY[/video]

Nächsten Monat ist es endlich soweit ^^
Und Cooles Benutzer Bild Kiera^^

Ich werde mit der Ruffy Storry aufjedenfall anfangen^^
Und Nami sieht super aus :love3:

Ich werde aufjedenfall mit Toriko als zweites spielen die Story, Naruto kommt zum schluss xD

J-Stars Victory VS+ "Mashup" Trailer Shows Shonen Jump Characters in Action

Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe began streaming a trailer titled "JStars VS Mashup" for its Shonen Jump's J-Stars Victory VS+ fighting game on Thursday. The video introduces some of the playable characters in the game and shows them in action, and also features the game's theme song "Fighting Stars."

The PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita game will feature the original Japanese audio track with English subtitles. More than 50 characters from at least 32 titles appear in Shonen Jump's 45th anniversary game in Japan. The premise of the game is "J Battle Festival, a dream festival that happens once in 45 years" and assembles heroes who exemplify friendship, hard work, and victory.

In the spirit of friendship, the game supports 2 vs. 2 team battles in dream matches that cross the borders between titles. Players can unleash combination attacks never possible until now, some with the help of support characters.

Hironobu Kageyama, Akira Kushida, and Hiroshi Kitadani sang the game's theme song "Fighting Stars." The game includes characters from One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, Toriko, Naruto Shippūden, Hunter X Hunter, Reborn!, Rurouni Kenshin, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan, Chinyūki -Tarō to Yukaina Nakama-tachi-, Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar, Medaka Box, To Love-Ru, Nisekoi, Beelzebub, Assassination Classroom, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Jigoku Sensei Nube, Neuro - Supernatural Detective, Kuroko's Basketball, D.Gray-man, Sket Dance, Fist of the North Star, Tottemo! Luckyman, Haikyu!!, Sakigake!! Otoko Juku, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach, Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo, Gintama, Saint Seiya, and Dr. Slump & Arale-chan. The game include stages from One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, Toriko, Naruto Shippūden, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach, Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo, Gintama, Saint Seiya, and Dr. Slump & Arale-chan.

Bandai Namco Entertainment will ship the game in Europe on June 26 and in North America on June 30. Those who pre-order the game in North America and Europe will get a J-Stars VS+ Compendium book with art for the 52 characters in the game. The pre-order bonus will also include PlayStation themes for the PS4, PS3, and PS Vita.

-Quelle

[video=youtube;LqsXu9Jt-eg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqsXu9Jt-eg[/video]

J-Stars Victory VS+ Hands On: A Fun But Clunky Fighter

In a surprise announcement late last year, Bandai Namco announced their plans to bring an updated version of J-Stars Victory VS westward. Typically, these games are left to the realm of importers due to the complicated rights situation involved with licensing the huge cast of popular characters in the game. However, Bandai Namco have seemingly decided to double down on their anime licenses and are bringing the game over for PS4, PS3, and Vita with cross-save between versions.

Overall, the game reminded me most of the Dissidia: Final Fantasy series in that you’re placed in this large free roam arena where you can quickly get around, send enemies flying and perform some cool stylish moves while you’re at it. It really captures the feeling of a Shounen Jump manga. The game is team based, you pick one or two characters for your main team followed by a support character. There’s a huge cast of characters available to unlock, but some are limited to support roles only—usually characters that don’t have a lot of battle experience such as Chitoge from Nisekoi. The two main characters will be the ones in battle while the support character is summoned, performing an additional move at the press of the a button.

Winning a match isn’t as simple as emptying your opponent’s HP bar, though. Like 2D fighters, you win by the amount of KOs you’ve earned, so in a two-on-two match, you need three KOs to win. Unfortunately, the game didn’t do a great job of explaining itself, and I felt like I learnt more from the game’s loading screens filled with tips and character specific help than the opening tutorials. However, it is the sort of game that you learn from just trying things out with the little information you have and see what works.

e7bzEGq.jpg

J-Stars has a variety of modes to choose from. J Adventure is the story mode of the game, you choose a path to play focusing on Jump’s biggest names such as One Piece or Bleach, and each path has a different selection of characters to play with. You can level up characters, unlock new characters, take on quests or map encounters to earn new items and upgrades. Next is a victory mode, which is essentially an challenge mode. You take on battles and try to win under set conditions. There’s also an arcade mode that consists of six matches and a free battle mode, where you can set all the fight conditions yourself.

The battles are fun, but as you perform your attacks they don’t feel like they flow together particularly well. Individual sections of an attack flow, such as combining your weak attacks and strong attacks together to pull off certain moves but when you try to pull off these moves as part of a larger offensive plan, it feels more broken up into sections instead of one long string of attacks. During your approach where you’re dashing towards your opponent and launch into an attack, you can’t immediately follow up or give chase. It doesn’t ruin the game by any means, but it does makes the whole thing feel a lot slower than it actually is.

While the battle system isn’t perfect, I enjoyed what I played of J-Stars. In the J Adventure mode, it’s fun to see all these different characters from a variety of eras interacting in one game. Each character has their own set of abilities and combos to use. I feel like out of the selection of characters I got to play with, they were well represented in the game. Each artist’s style has been faithfully recreated and look impressive in 3D. If you’re looking for a deep fighter, this probably won’t do it for you. That said, if you’re familiar with some Jump characters and want to see them in action then you’ll probably enjoy the game, too.

-Quelle

@kiera Wieso? Ist ranking hier so schlimm? Ich weiß nur das Vegeta sehr OP war mit seinen schüssen.
Ansonsten gab es mit Killuah noch einen dauer unsichtbarkeits glitch

Bin mal vom splatoon-thread hier rübergesprungen xD

Ist auch besser :)

Soweit ich weiß nehmen halt die meisten die Spamm Charaktere wie Vegeta. Mal sehen wie das bei uns wird. Hab wenig Rank in der japanischen Version gespielt wegen Verbinung.

Und zu meiner Medaka, die ist ein Support Char also muss mein Team Kollege auch gut sein. Ansonsten spamm ich Kurokami Phantom wenn das klappt hast du auch keine Chance :p Aber ich würd mich selbst als schlecht bezeichnen^^

Ich hab jetzt auch nicht viele Rangkämpfe dort gespielt.
Nagut wusste ja nicht mal ob ich normal online kämpfe oder im Rangkampf dank der japanischen Texte.

Kurokami ist schon fies, aber schafft vllt gute abhilfe gegen Vegeta.

Als schlecht bezeichnen kann ich mich eig auch, ich hab zb. schon verloren der es noch nie gespielt hat. :)
aber ich hatte ja auch nicht Yusuke !

Zurück
Top Bottom