Switch Golf Story - Let us ride to Camelot!

geloescht097747

L20: Enlightened
Thread-Ersteller
Seit
31 Okt 2009
Inspiriert von den damaligen Mario Sportspielen auf dem GBC und GBA kommt der Indietitel Golf Story vom Entwickler Sidebar Games:

Sidebar Games is excited to announce Golf Story for Nintendo Switch™. Play the story of a golfer, forced to give up all that he holds dear for one final shot at accomplishing his dream.

But all is not so simple in the world of golf. To best today's players you have to be able to keep up with them not just on the course, but also off it.

Here are some of the things you can do in the game:

-Tee up anywhere! You’ll be surprised by how many problems can be solved by hitting a golf ball at them.
-Explore 8 unique environments, each with their own courses, towns, people and secrets.
-Play through a dramatic story with a diverse cast of characters.
-Upgrade your golfer by completing challenges, solving puzzles and buying new equipment.
-Round out your skill set with long driver tournaments, disc golf, mini golf and wee links. Then go beyond golf with extra -challenges like races, mowing, drone flights and geocaching.

Golf Story releases this Summer. Stay tuned for details.

Ein Mix aus Golf und RPG, nur diesmal nicht mit Mario und co. und schon gar nicht von Camelot, die sich mittlerweile damit abgefunden haben minimalistischste Sporttitel mit mangelhafter Qualität zu entwickeln und hoffentlich erst gar nicht erst versuchen ein weiteres Golden Sun zu machen.

Der Threadopener wird natürlich noch gegebenfalls erweitert, wenn Interesse besteht.

Hier nochmals ein Video der ersten 30 Min von Gameexplain:

[video=youtube;boyzklGlv3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boyzklGlv3U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Danke für den Thread, ich hoffe natürlich auf mehr Eindrücke zum Spiel, von denjenigen die es bereits spielen.

Was mich etwas stört: Gibt es keine Map? Man zoomt imo nicht weit genug raus und manchmal fehlt der Überblick.

Was mich wunder nimmt, ist es denn nun mehr Golfspiel oder mehr Adventure? Wie ist das Verhältnis?

Golf Story Is A Nintendo Switch RPG You Should Play
https://kotaku.com/golf-story-is-a-nintendo-switch-rpg-you-should-play-1818969453

wlfd3ne4dezla2qahapi.jpg

I have truly never seen the appeal of golf, but Golf Story, a new Nintendo Switch exclusive, is so charming that I can’t stop playing it.

I’m not a sports hater, but golf really isn’t my thing. If I wanted to take a long walk, I’d just take a long walk, ya dig? Golf Story, out today on the Nintendo Switch, isn’t the video game equivalent of a pleasant afternoon stroll, but it does flip some of the accepted conventions of golf on its head. Rather than wealthy men wearing plaid, this is game is a sweet underdog tale. In it, you play as a young man who is taking one last chance at his unlikely dream of being a professional golfer. He’s up against reluctant coaches, an underhanded boss and an underfunded, unkempt course, but by gum he’s going to do it.

Golf Story seems more RPG than sports game. There is a lot of talking in this game. Before you can start golfing, you have to complete a series of challenges that will not only teach you how the game works, but level up your character. You’ll be running around Wellworn Grove, your golf course of choice, looking for NPCs to show you the ropes. It all feels a little bit like the beginning of a JRPG where you meet your rivals, love interest, and the big bad you’ll eventually defeat, all in the first town. Before you start your first real game of golf, you’ll have met Coach, your would be mentor, Lara, a headstrong young woman hates you, and Lucky, the exploitative owner of Wellworn Grove. Even if your golf is often interrupted by a conversation, the writing is charming and funny. Your initial rivals include a guy who starts every sentence with, “If I may interject—” and I’m really surprised that Golf Story figured out the magic formula to getting me to hate someone very quickly.

After all that well, it’s golf. While it’s cool that I’m learning a bunch of new golf words—now that I have gotten both a Birdie and an Eagle on a course, I suddenly get that terminology—Golf Story’s golf is video game-y in the best way. You set up your shots, and then try to press A when the moving bar hits the appropriate spot in the meter. There’s also fun, silly obstacles. In your very first game, the final hole will be interrupted by a rampaging goose, and later courses will be dotted with devious moles that move your ball into the rough or sandpits if they land too close. These touches spice up the game and are also, well, pretty funny. Every time I hit my ball within a mole’s grasp I’d mutter “goddammit,” but their borderline sinister animation was still a treat.

Realistic golfing simulator this is not, but I think I like this better. The courses are just short enough that I find myself picking my Switch up to do just one more hole, and challenging enough that I feel pretty accomplished when I make it under par. I’m still unlikely to pick up a club in real life, but Golf Story’s charms have made me think maybe, just maybe, the sport isn’t so bad after all.

Golf Story review
Links awakening.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-28-golf-story-review

Mario Golf and Earthbound combine for one of the most delightful games you'll find on Nintendo's Switch.

The world itself is a delight to discover, tied together with cartoon logic and a love for the links, full of haunted groves and blissed-out beaches, and all rendered in Super NES style. It's an aesthetic that isn't entirely original; its loungey soundtrack, while perfectly listenable, has the insubstantial wispiness of library music, and there's something of the stock image in its 16-bit-style characterisations. They're easy shorthands, though, and as an appropriation in part of the great Earthbound, Golf Story at least goes beyond the pixels and works towards aping some of the heart and soul of Shigesato Itoi and HAL Laboratory's masterpiece. Golf Story is a goofy game, but one with the same gentle humour and human warmth of that all-time great.

It's not quite Undertale - that other exquisite Earthbound tribute act - but whereas Toby Fox's game spilled out in unexpected directions, Golf Story's trick is working its way back to that core in equally surprising ways. The overworld is full of side-quests and mini-challenges, all of which dole out XP and level you up, earning you upgrade points you can use to improve your drive, reduce your draw or increase your ability to shape your shots. Use the money you acquire, meanwhile, to invest in new clubs.

All of this is wonderful, but Golf Story continues its grand job of melding golf and the 16-bit adventure RPG in other ways. Come across a new location and there'll be new problems to solve, new secrets to discover and even a dungeon, in the shape of the round of golf that's played at the climax of each encounter. Earn the respect of certain characters and you can even earn special attributes, marked on your quest tracker just like one of the spells acquired in Ocarina of Time.

This isn't the greatest golf game there's been, although it boasts some deceptive depths. It's not the greatest RPG, either, though its charm wins out over any clumsiness. What it most definitely is, however, is an irresistible and harmonious combination that makes for one of the finer games you'll find on Nintendo's Switch this year.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hab's vorhin gekauft, werde es "morgen" anfangen nachdem ich Steamworld Dig 2 komplett beendet habe.

Ich habe mal aus Spaß die ganze Spieleliste im eShop runtergescrollt, hatte die Wii U in ihrer gesamten Lebenszeit überhaupt so viele Spiele im Shop?:ugly:

Hab's vorhin gekauft, werde es "morgen" anfangen nachdem ich Steamworld Dig 2 komplett beendet habe.

Ich habe mal aus Spaß die ganze Spieleliste im eShop runtergescrollt, hatte die Wii U in ihrer gesamten Lebenszeit überhaupt so viele Spiele im Shop?:ugly:
Jedenfalls besser sortiert :ugly:
Man, wann tut Nintendo da endlich was?!?!

Aber wirklich, kauft euch das Spiel. Es ist großartig und macht total süchtig!

joa ich mag den eshop auch kein stückchen. hoffe der wird noch irgendwann überarbeitet.

das spiel ist ziemlich verspielt mit seinen dialogen. sei es das durch das writing, wie auch sprechblasen oder die schrift.
charme pur. ich hätte die screenshot funktion öfter nutzen sollen xD

edit:

This Indie Switch Game Seems Like the Mario Golf Game We've Always Wanted
https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...s-like-the-mario-golf-game-weve-always-wanted
Has it really been 18 years since Mario Golf on the Game Boy Color, where Nintendo stumbled up on layering an RPG on top of arcade-y golf? Nintendo's released plenty of golf games since, most recently Mario Golf: World Tour on 3DS, but it's been a long time since someone, Nintendo or otherwise, picked up where it left off. The last Mario Golf in that same vein was Advance Tour on the GBA—in 2004. That's where Golf Story, a game I hadn't heard of until Nintendo announced it was a Switch exclusive last month, comes in. Though lacking the Mushroom Kingdom, it's basically a new Mario Golf RPG.

edit2:

das größte mysterium für mich ist immer noch der entwickler xD
da ist fast nichts zu bekannt. kaum marketing. nur der trailer und die simple webseite.
aber das spiel scheint wohl dennoch erfolgreich zu sein

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Jedenfalls besser sortiert :ugly:
Man, wann tut Nintendo da endlich was?!?!

Aber wirklich, kauft euch das Spiel. Es ist großartig und macht total süchtig!

Ich glaube fast es ist pure Absicht von Nintendo, man hat immer die neuen Erscheinungen vor sich, wenn man was älteres will muss man suchen und sich ansehen was sonst noch im eshop ist (unabhängig von den Genrevorlieben). Ich mag die Charts, die doch recht oft aktualisiert werden :)

Und ja, das Angebot ist gut und wächst rasant, irgendwann muss da ordnung rein, mometan geht es noch einigermaßen. Und jedes neue Spiel ist ne zeitlang sichtbar. Sobald Nintendo mal Sales veranstaltet werde ich sowieso arm.
Lade mir das Spiel jetzt runter :)

@Miko: Das spricht sich halt rum und ich habe hier seit der Ankündigung einen Minihype feststellen können, Camelot hat da halt ne Lücke hinterlassen die jetzt gefüllt wird. Denke das Spiel wird morgen in den Top 5 sein, jetzt ist es schon auf 8 geklettert.

Edit: Der Anfang gefällt, es ist witzig und nutzt das HD Rumble sogar einigermaßen gut, werde aber erst morgen länger am Stück spielen. Ersteindruck gefällt.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Habe es nun auch geladen, werde ich parallel zu Mario+Rabbids zocken, bis dann in 4 Wochen Mario O. erscheint. Da werde ich mich eh ranhalten müssen... :aehja:

Wie lange soll Golf Story denn ca. gehen?

joa ich mag den eshop auch kein stückchen. hoffe der wird noch irgendwann überarbeitet.

das spiel ist ziemlich verspielt mit seinen dialogen. sei es das durch das writing, wie auch sprechblasen oder die schrift.
charme pur. ich hätte die screenshot funktion öfter nutzen sollen xD

edit:

This Indie Switch Game Seems Like the Mario Golf Game We've Always Wanted
https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...s-like-the-mario-golf-game-weve-always-wanted

edit2:

das größte mysterium für mich ist immer noch der entwickler xD
da ist fast nichts zu bekannt. kaum marketing. nur der trailer und die simple webseite.
aber das spiel scheint wohl dennoch erfolgreich zu sein

Ich weiß nur das es Australier sind (was man an den Texten merkt xD )

Ja das ist das einzige Problem. Ich checke den australischen Humor einfach nicht. Übersetzung ist kein Problem, ist auch sehr einfaches Englisch.

aber der Humor....der zieht meist an mir vorbei :ugly:

Ich mags, durchaus witzig, entspannend, charmant gemacht. Derzeit renne ich rum und mache Sidequests und übe das Golfspielen indem ich versuche alle möglichen NPCs zu treffen, und einen Bengel habe ich vor nem Krokodil gerettet, undankbares Pack.

Mir macht nach kurzer Übungsphase auch das Golfspielen selbst spaß (eher einlochen, bin noch am Anfang), hatte erst keine wirkliche Ahnung was ich da überhaupt mache.

Das HD Rumble gefällt mir in diesem Spiel bisher so ziemlich mit am besten. Relativ subtil eingesetzt aber es unterstützt die Interaktion mit der Umwelt und man fühlt sogar die Emotionen/Reaktionen (schwer zu beschreiben, die Vibration passt halt irgendwie zu "Gulp", der Schweißperle und co.). Wesentlich besser gemacht als in Beispielsweise Fast RMX, da finde ich es fast unangenehm. Das Türzuschlagen in Octopath ist auch nicht soo schlecht, aber das hier ist bisher das beste das ich ausprobieren konnte, vor allem weil es recht unterschiedlich eingesetzt wird. Hat durchaus Potential in zukünftigen Spielen.

Jetzt habe ich das Geld für den Einführungskurs beisammen und zeige es diesen arroganten Gören. :tinglewine:

Zurück
Top Bottom