PS4/PS5/PC Final Fantasy VII Remake (First on PS4) - Spoilerfrei!

Vor allem meinte SE nicht vor nem Monat oder so, dass die Entwicklung von FF XV dabei geholfen habe, jetzt alles schneller zu entwickeln? Nicht, dass ich diesen Schwätzern geglaubt habe. Die erste Episode wird schön Crossgen für PS4/PS5 kommen, zu einem Zeitpunkt, wo die PS4 Version kein Schwein mehr interessieren wird.

Naja der Druck war aber auch da, die Fans wollten es ja dauernd. Finde auch es wurde zu früh angekündigt.

Following a recent job posting to hire additional battle and level planners, Final Fantasy VII Remake Art Director & VFX Director Shintaro Takai sat down with CGWorld to give readers a bit of a retrospective on his work experience with the original title, as well as shared some details on the development team working on the remake.

One interesting piece of trivia in the interview is that very few staff members who worked on the original Final Fantasy VII are involved with the development of Final Fantasy VII Remake.

View Takai’s response below:

CGWorld: About how many people are there working on Final Fantasy VII Remake that previously participated in the development of Final Fantasy VII, such as yourself, Takai-san?

Shintaro Takai: “There are only a very few. Starting with producer Yoshinori Kitase-san, director Tetsuya Nomura-san, and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima-san, there’s only very few of us. Most of Final Fantasy VII Remake’s developers are those with experience on the Final Fantasy series after Final Fantasy VII along with new people who joined. We have a lot of people apply saying ‘I played Final Fantasy VII when I was a child and I really liked it so I want to be a part of it.’ It seems like Final Fantasy VII is a bit of a special title even among game developers.”

Since the devleopment team is, in every way, aiming to surpass the quality of the original game, Takai continues on the discussion detailing how he, in particular, is supporting the next generation of developers to push their work to overall produce a title that is more than just a conventional remake.

Check out his responses below:

CGWorld: Fans who were left with a big impression at the time may particularly have big expectations from Final Fantasy VII Remake. Takai-san, what are some of the things you’re thinking about keeping or changing from Final Fantasy VII?

Shintaro Takai: “That’s a difficult question. I don’t really think about ‘This is how Final Fantasy VII did it, so let’s do it like this for Final Fantasy VII Remake.’ Back when Final Fantasy VII was being developed, I didn’t think as deeply about effects as I do today. For example, let’s say when a certain enemy in Final Fantasy VII attacked they would shoot out red fire, but maybe there wasn’t much meaning behind that red color. If it were today, I would think more along the lines of ‘This enemy was born here or there, they use these kinds of weapons, because of the energy source it shoots out red fire, and explodes with smoke.’ Even if that’s not part of the official setting, I would take it upon myself to come up with a reason and story. So the representation from back then and today are not necessarily directly connected.”

So you’re saying that you won’t just take the world of Final Fantasy VII and reproduce it using today’s technology.

Takai: “While it can’t be something that will make fans of Final Fantasy VII feel like ‘something is off,’ we can’t just simply increase the graphics quality either. I want us to make it with deep thoughts. For example, I tell the effects designers that if they’re going to heal using Cure, instead of just making shiny particles ‘Make it energy around a character that can’t be seen but is being collectively visualized and absorbed into their body as light.’ I will tell them to think of stories like that while working on it.”

You previously mentioned that there were many cases of Final Fantasy VII Remake’s developers say in their application that they played Final Fantasy VII when they were kids, but what about you personally, what thoughts did you have going into the development of Final Fantasy VII Remake?

Takai: “Personally speaking, Final Fantasy VII Remake is a title that has a sense of generational change to it. Those who grew up playing Final Fantasy VII are now developers of Final Fantasy VII Remake, and they’re gradually taking on more important roles. They are the ones I want to see give Final Fantasy VII a new shape. This time around my role is looking over the art direction as a whole as well as deciding on bigger specifications, and my focus is to create a work environment that makes it easier for everyone, so I want to make it a field that allows the younger guys to be more active. I say younger but they’re mostly in their early-30s, and while they’re more aged than they were in the past, I believe they’re people with plenty of activity to offer.”

For such a young generation developing Final Fantasy VII Remake, what skills or abilities would you say are required?

Takai: “We’re not exactly looking for those with knowledge on Final Fantasy VII, so they don’t need to be too eager about that. “Doing this would make it more Final Fantasy VII-esque” is something that is difficult to put into words, and I think that’s a part that Kitase, Nomura, and I will be handling. Rather than that, I believe it would be easier for those with knowledge on the latest 3DCG and tools, or on the graphics quality of global hit AAA titles.”

So basically, those who might say “I don’t have much experience playing Final Fantasy VII, but I want to polish my career by working on a game with worldwide expectations” might have a chance?

Takai: “Yes. What’s important is that person’s technique, sense, and will. Actually, among the current designers of the effects team, there are some who hardly even played Final Fantasy VII. Well, they at least know character names and the gist of the story [laughs]. Final Fantasy VII Remake’s development structure is already solidifying the core parts, but since the effects are something that we aim to raise the quality until the very last process of development, I believe there’s still plenty of room for activity.”

Final Fantasy VII Remake is currently in development for PlayStation 4.

-Quelle

Stampft das Projekt doch einfach ein. Es nützt nichts, wenn das Spiel kacke wird, aber Hauptsache die Mucke stimmt. :niatee:

Na die Mücke wird schonmal genial....wenn es denn irgendwann in ferner Zukunft vielleicht mal erscheint....

Dachte erst, dass könnte der Stolzrobo sein... aber offenbar ist das eher der Endgegner des 2. Reaktors... sind ja super weit die Leute ... :v:

Kingdom Hearts III’s director says he’s putting equal effort into Final Fantasy VII Remake

It’s been three years since we’ve seen anything from Square Enix regarding its episodic remake of Final Fantasy VII. The game was a no-show again at E3 this year, but it remains in development, according to Tetsuya Nomura, who has a hand in the title along with directing Kingdom Hearts III. “We are developing [Final Fantasy VII] in parallel, and it’s not just in the early concept stages,” he tells The Verge. “We are actually in development.”

The longtime Square Enix developer says he’s been giving equal effort to both highly anticipated games. “So right now, it’s like I’ve been putting in 100 percent into Kingdom Hearts, 100 percent into Final Fantasy VII, 100 percent into Kingdom Hearts... just going back and forth,” he says. “It’s just like [working on] two titles is just going to be one [after Kingdom Hearts III’s launch]. That’s pretty much how I see it.”

Kingdom Hearts III will be off his plate soon enough, despite the fact that the game was delayed into January 2019. According to Nomura, it was not delayed because it needed more time — though that is a definite bonus to being pushed back. He says it was the original timing of the game’s release that actually made upper management decide to move the date. “We were told by many people, including hardware manufacturers, sales teams, marketing teams, that it just wasn’t good timing in the year,” Nomura tells The Verge. And when Square Enix pondered the “very tail end” of 2018, the holiday season became another possible problem. “For Kingdom Hearts III, the Western offices requested to release the game as simultaneously as possible between Japan and America, so we no longer were able to just think about Japanese issues and retail situations,” he says.

The company then had to factor possibilities of retailers in specific regions closing early or offering limited sales hours. “When we looked toward that, we were told that the best timing after all of that would be the tail end of January,” Nomura says. “We of course considered maybe speeding up the development to release earlier than we were told that it wasn’t good, but the development team said, no, we can’t do that. We could delay it, but we can’t make it any sooner. If we are to also potentially delay the release date, then we could have that extra time to work on the game a little more. It kind of just all worked together for us to decide on this date.”

Despite the long hours needed to complete such high-profile projects as Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake, Nomura says his love of creation keeps him going. I don’t get fatigued by that at all. It’s really fun for me to do,” he says. “I actually don’t like human relationships more than just work, so I just want to focus on work and creating things, if I don’t have to deal with human relationships. It’s actually a little bit easier for me to do than not working.” Still, he says, he owes a lot to his fans. “I do need fans to play my games, to be able to create it,” he says, “and so fans are definitely a factor to motivate me to keep on going.”

-Quelle

ich würde es ihm ja glauben, wenn er ffvs13 fertig rausgebracht hätte. außer kingdom hearts kommt bei ihm nicht wirklich viel raus...
SE hätte seine besten leute nicht vergraulen sollen, dann müsste man einen derzeit eher mittelprächtigen charadesigner nicht eine so große spielereihe wie final fantasy alleine tragen lassen müssen...

Er spricht Punkte an, die ich zuvor gar nicht bedacht habe. Jetzt habe ich noch weniger Bock auf das Remake. Die sollen das canceln, und lieber an FF16 arbeiten.

Schönes Video, durchaus berechtigt. Ich wollte ja eh nie ein Remake, einmal FF VII reicht mir aber wenn schon eins kommt bin ich froh das es Dinge anders macht. Ob dazu das ausweiten der Schauplätze gehört mal sehen. Kaufen werd ich es eh, wenn es in 3 Jahren da ist. Den Erwartungen kann es eh nicht gerecht werden imo.

Schönes Video, durchaus berechtigt. Ich wollte ja eh nie ein Remake, einmal FF VII reicht mir aber wenn schon eins kommt bin ich froh das es Dinge anders macht. Ob dazu das ausweiten der Schauplätze gehört mal sehen. Kaufen werd ich es eh, wenn es in 3 Jahren da ist. Den Erwartungen kann es eh nicht gerecht werden imo.

Prinzipiell fände ich ein aufwendig erstelltes Remake zu Final Fantasy VII nach wie vor grandios, aber bei der Richtung die Square-Enix bei seinen Big Budget-Entwicklungen z. Z. eingeschlagen hat, bin ich extrem skeptisch. Das Originalspiel transportiert einfach einen vollständig anderen Mood als der Driss der unter der Compilation firmiert, der auf mich so wirkt als wäre er auf Myspace-Scenekids des Zeitraums 2004 - 2007 optimiert.

• Lob
Reaktionen: Avi
Zurück
Top Bottom