Markt Entwicklerstudios, Publishers und ihre Kuriositäten.

Wundert mich nicht... bei der Grafikabteilung saß bestimmt auch nur einer. Ich meine es sieht wirklich nahezu so aus, wie sein Vorgänger.

‘Hyper Light Drifter’ - Inside the Video Game Inspired by a Life-Threatening Illness - VICE spends time with developer Alx Preston, who has battled serious heart conditions all his life, but achieved his dream of producing an adventure game in the spirit of the classic Zelda titles.

[video=youtube;NUT5SBZkVys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUT5SBZkVys[/video]​
*zehnzeichen*

Kurioser geht es nicht: Call of Duty Roman Wars - The story of the lost CoD. :-D

Call of Duty Roman Wars never got released but we've managed to get hold of some early footage and talk to the people behind it. This is Call of Duty Roman Wars - The story of the lost game

[video=youtube;Y9fGcvDt4dA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9fGcvDt4dA[/video]

The Driv3rGate Scandal: The Full Story - A very special Fact Hunt this week, We had so many people say they enjoyed the Driv3rGate segment from the 3 Gaming Scandals that were buried episode of Fact Hunt, we decided to go back and re-add a lot of the original deleted content, as well as all the new research we discovered from people involved in the scandal since making the video.

[video=youtube;gxEQOv2g0JA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEQOv2g0JA[/video]​
Watch Dogs ist der inoffizielle Nachfolger der Driver-Serie? :-D

Apparently Bethesda ripped off a New Vegas mod for a Far Habor Quest in Fallout 4 - Autumn Leaves is a DLC-sized quest mod for Fallout: New Vegas developed by BaronVonChateau, who you may know on the Codex as Chateaubryan. By all accounts it's an excellent mod, taking inspiration from classics such as Planescape: Torment and proudly upholding Codexian design values such as choice & consequence and skill checks.

Hell, it even has a Cleve Blakemore reference. Unfortunately, coming out only weeks before the release of Fallout 4, Autumn Leaves was overlooked by many players. Somebody at Bethesda must have noticed it, though...because it turns out they shamelessly plagiarized it for their recent Far Harbor DLC. And I don't just mean that they took inspiration.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/autumn-leaves/news/big-publishers-and-a-small-mod
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246518

tumblr_inline_o9bthfGHPG1rtbkes_1280.png

tumblr_inline_o9bth0v9rJ1rtbkes_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_o9a3rfveRn1rtbkes_1280.png

tumblr_inline_o9brybowaS1rtbkes_1280.jpg
Die Community macht die Arbeit. :v:

Amy Hennig calls AAA development "an arms race that is unwinnable" where crunch is still a big problem - When Soren Johnson, the designer of Offworld Trading Company and the host of the podcast, asked Hennig how difficult AAA development was on a personal level, Hennig replied, "Really hard. The whole time I was at Naughty Dog - ten-and-a-half years - I probably, on average, I don't know if I ever worked less than 80 hours a week. There were exceptions where it was like, 'Okay, let's take a couple of days off,' but I pretty much worked seven days a week, at least 12 hours a day."

And the seven-day working schedule wasn't limited to people on Hennig's level. Johnson posited that weekend work wasn't generally the same, and asked how much of Naughty Dog's team would be present. "A lot of it," Hennig replied. "I mean, Naughty Dog is pretty notorious for the amount of crunch, but obviously in a leadership role you try and do even more."

"When you go to pitch a game like this, it's like, 'Well it better have this many hours, and you'd better have this mode, and you'd better do this.' Or we could go, 'You know what, we're gonna make the best fucking six hour game you've ever seen. And that's all it is. And could you please make that $40?'

While Hennig admitted that she wouldn't change anything that meant she hadn't made games like the Uncharted series, she admitted to having a clearer view of the issue when looking at the experiences of other people. When asked if making AAA games was worth the lifestyle that goes along with it, she replied, "I don't think so."

"There's people who never go home and see their families. They have children who are growing up without seeing them," she said. "I didn't have my own kids. I chose my career in lots of ways, and I could be single-minded like that. When I was making sacrifices, did it affect my family? Yes, but it was primarily affecting me and I could make that choice. But when I look at other people... I mean, my health really declined, and I had to take care of myself, because it was, like, bad. And there were people who, y'know, collapsed, or had to go and check themselves in somewhere when one of these games were done. Or they got divorced. That's not okay, any of that. None of this is worth that.

@http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-10-06-were-definitely-at-the-point-where-somethings-gotta-give
:neutral:

*zehnzeichen*

Die Welt der AAA-Games. Und mit dem Wissen lese man dann die häufigen "faulen Entwickler" - Kommentare.

Hm, macht mich schon etwas nachdenklich.

Es geht auch anders. Sie sagt das ebenfalls irgendwo. Bei EA hat sie mit dem Star Wars Game nun mehr als genug Zeit. Sie hat mehr Zeit um das Spiel zu entwickeln. Wenn ein Publisher natürlich will das im zwei Jahre Rhytmus veröffentlicht wird, dann geht es wahrscheinlich sehr oft so zu wie da oben beschrieben. Da scheint EA zumindest mal hingehört zu haben, da sie jahrelang als ein mieser Arbeitgeber galten.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich gehe schwer davon aus, dass es bei dem Großteil der Entwicklungen so abgeht.

Der Druck ist noch massiv größer geworden, weil es nicht mehr so ist, dass man sagt 01.11. ist Release, also muss das Ding 4 Wochen zuvor fertig sein.
Zwischenzeitlich wurde das geändert auf "4 Wochen zuvor brauchen wir eine Version, die sich auf Disc pressen lässt, den Rest machen wir in den 4 Wochen als Day One Patch".

Die neuste Terminplanung ist "Wir hauen die Alpha/Beta auf Disc, mit dem Day One Patch bringen wir es dann halbwegs lauffähig". Je nach Erfolg der Vorbestellung und Shitstorm im Netz wird das Spiel dann in den folgenden Wochen noch per weitere Patches hingebogen, sofern es sich finanziell lohnt.

Das das kein normales Arbeitsumfeld mehr bietet, sollte jedem klar sein.

Du musst nun nicht übertreiben wegen Spielen wie No Mans Sky und so tun als würde jeder Publisher in der Industrie unfertige Spiele auf den Markt werfen um möglichst schnell an Geld zu gelangen. Wie viele NMS Debakel hatten wir denn in dieser Generation? Wenn man GANZ böse sein will, dann Destiny, aber das wurde offen so kommuniziert das das Spiel über die Jahre vervollständigt wird. Da war also nichts "dreistes" bei.

Nein, nicht jeder Publisher. Und auch nicht, um schnelle Kohle zu machen. Sondern eher, um nicht unterzugehen. Ohne Day One geht fast gar nichts mehr. Zum Teil wird noch kurz auf knapp verschoben, um zum Start überhaupt noch lauffähiges bieten zu können.

Welches Spiel kommt denn überhaupt noch ohne Verschiebung? Das betrifft doch nur noch kleinere Entwicklungen und Standard-(Jahres)-Serien.

Das war mehr auf das hier bezogen:

Die neuste Terminplanung ist "Wir hauen die Alpha/Beta auf Disc, mit dem Day One Patch bringen wir es dann halbwegs lauffähig". Je nach Erfolg der Vorbestellung und Shitstorm im Netz wird das Spiel dann in den folgenden Wochen noch per weitere Patches hingebogen, sofern es sich finanziell lohnt.

denn das verstehe ich unter einem unfertigen Spiel.

Crunch ist vielleicht für ein paar Wochen sinnvoll und effizient, über Jahre wie hier geschildert bringt das erwiesenermaßen nichts ausser zerstörten Existenzen. Das ausgerechnet so ein hochrangiges Studio wie ND so einen Bullshit macht ist schon schwer enttäuschend.
Uncharted 1; a ten-hour game, no other modes... you can't make a game like that any more
Von The Order abgesehen fällt mir auch nichts ein. Die SP-Kampagnen werden mit jedem Jahr kürzer und open world games mit Sammelkram, der relativ einfach zu implementieren ist, gestreckt. Das ist quasi die Konsequenz aus dem teureren Content und lässt sich nicht ändern.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zu Amy Henning kann ich nur sagen selbstschuld...

The Search for Bigfoot in Grand Theft Auto V - Though the search for Bigfoot began back in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the pursuit continued on into the latest entry in the series, Grand Theft Auto V. Spurred by in-game hints to the beast, fans set out to find the truth once and for all ... with some cryptic guidance from RockStar.

[video=youtube;b3HkeGNLEU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3HkeGNLEU8[/video]
*zehnzeichen*

The Dead Space 3 the developers wanted to make - Here's A Thing - It turns out the original pitch for Dead Space 3 was quite different to the game we ended up with. Eurogamer's Chris Bratt investigates the story behind its development and what changed along the way.

[video=youtube;JiQiF9Wt2lM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiQiF9Wt2lM&[/video]
*zehnzeichen*

Zurück
Top Bottom